[Mb-hair] A message from Lillian Berlin

James Pappaconstantine georgeberger69 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 6 16:15:50 PDT 2005

There is this really cool band called, Living Things. They do a lot of Anti-war songs in kind of a Ramones / Clash flare. The last release was not available in the US because of a few reasons one of which was that the band refused to change the lyrics to the single entitled Bombs Below. If anyone has the time.. go to maybe Yahoo music and check out the video for this song. In my opinion it is one of the most powerful and important videos of our lifetime. At anyrate.. I saw them a while back and wrote asking when they were coming back around and got this from Lillian. (the singer) thought you cats might dig it.

The era of George Bush is over. The emperor has no clothes, and everyone can
now see it. America is finally awakening, its head pounding and its stomach
churning, from the 9/11-induced credulity binge of the last half decade. The
shrillness with which the Limbaughs and the O'Reillys attack the
truth-speaking mother of a deceased US serviceman is but a measure of their
panicked desperation as they watch the wheels coming off the wagon in every
imaginable way, and as they stand helpless to stop it. None of the old bad
magic works anymore - not the lies, not the diversions, not the endless
repetition of hollow slogans, and not the character assassination of White
House 'enemies'. Game over.

LILLIAN BERLIN

Again.. if you get the chance check out the video on line.. (it's probably the only place you'll be able to see it. as their old web site is down since they signed with a smaller more liberal label and the new site is not quite ready.)

Peace.. JIM

C-U at the reunion.  (I'll be the one who looks like a cross between Jim Morrison and that guy from just shoot me.. Elliott's brother.. "turkey pot, Turkey pot, Turkey pot pie!")