[Mb-hair] Hair and the victims of Louisiana

tiogajoe at juno.com tiogajoe at juno.com
Tue Sep 6 16:33:03 PDT 2005

Damn, Paul, I got chills imagining the HAIR Reunioneers in NYC on Sept. 10 recording their singing "Let the Sunshine In" for the victims of Katrina.  I'm a Louisiana native (Tioga, Louisiana), and I've got folks there.  Luckily, their areas (Central & Northeast La.) were spared the wrath of the hurricane.  Still, you gotta know that those hurt, well, it still feels like family -- and The Big Easy was EVERYbody's turf, you know?  Well, even if we don't record it, for our own souls, shall we not dedicate our inhouse singing of the song to those who lost so much in that tragic event?

Anyway, thanks for the vibes, Man.

Peace,

Tioga Joe

===========================

Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 10:19:25 -0700
From: "Paul Korda" <paul at paulkorda.com>

Posted on IEN last night, Can Hair in New York  sing "Let the Sunshine
In" for the victims of Louisiana.

Friday, September 02, 2005
WHERE ARE THE U2's OF THE USA?

WHERE ARE THE U2's OF THE USA? by Paul Korda for International
Entertainment News
>From the painful scenes coming out of New Orleans and it's surrounding
areas, and the questions that ill-preparedness raises, one might think
that Music Artists would be dwarfed by the massive calamity. The
fortunate thought processes of musicians which allow them to perservere
in their love of music against all odds, is needed now. Which well known
music artists in the USA are rushing to support benefit concerts in
stadiums all around the USA? The people of these ravaged areas are
desperate for rescue. Everyone in the Music Industry should be asking
what they can do. The power of Music's belief system has helped many in
other countries and surely can help overcome this disaster in our
country. So please come forward you USA's stars of music? The concerts
should have been on this weekend, all over the US. There is no time to
waste. The very structure of society is threatened when we don't use
every sinew of our being to help. Do we want these victims of disaster
to lose faith in their country, and turn to lawlessness? It could be LA
next with an Earthquake, or worse still terrorism. America needs it's
people now! WHO IS GOING TO PLAY TO SAVE THESE PEOPLE, OUR OWN PEOPLE?
WHERE ARE THE U2's of THE USA?

Paul
http://PaulKorda.com