[Mb-hair] Re: Reunion Update

tiogajoe at juno.com tiogajoe at juno.com
Tue Sep 6 15:57:58 PDT 2005

Yo, Dauber!

Okay, so I'm not particularly prompt in responding.  Well, hey, I've been BUSY, Man!  :)

Anyway, way cool transcription of your conversation to get your tickets.  Almost as hard as getting through an airport checkpoint, eh?  :)

Listen, regarding attire, Man, I don't think I've ever seen you NOT dress HAIR-ishly.  I'd say, dress the Dauber I've seen on the streets of Ocean Grove.  You're the HAIR Net man.  Be Him There.  Eh?

Or go reenacting the nude scene.  That'd surely be well received.  :)

Stay cool.  See you in NYC (you know, come to think of it, I see you more often outside of the Grove than I do while living just a few blocks away!  Guess we need more HAIR-ish events!).

Peace and such,

Sib Joe d'Tioga

===============================

Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 00:09:23 -0500
From: Dauber <dauber at banana-and-louie.org>

On 08/25/2005, Little Birdie wrote:

> Also, people keep asking who is coming, so below is the rsvp list as of
> yesterday afternoon. This list gets updated and changed every day, but
> as of  last evening these people have all said they are planning on
> being there. If  your name is there but you haven't bought your tickets
> yet - get to it soon  so we have an accurate head count for food and
> beverages!

I finally made my reservation about an hour after your e-mail went out. :)
It was an interesting conversation:

ME: Hi, I'd like to make a reservation for the Hair reunion.

LAMAMA GUY: Are you a legitimate Hair person?

ME: Well...I've never been part of an actual production, but Michael Butler
said I'm part of the tribe!

LAMAMA: Okay, then...[ticket technicalities, credit card number, etc.]...can
I get a phone number with which I can reach you in the next few hours?

ME: [tell him my cell phone number with a 732 area code]

LAMAMA: 732?? Where's that?

ME: Jersey.

LAMAMA: Oy! [his exact word] Now...what makes Michael Butler say that you're
legitimate?

ME: I've been on a Hair mailing list for nearly ten years, and we call it a
"Cyber-Tribe."

LAMAMA: Ahh...got it.

ME: Oh...and I got an invite from Nina Dayton.

LAMAMA: Ah! Nina Dayton! That's good enough for me! I'm not trying to raise
hell or anything --

ME: Ehh, don't worry! I always welcome a challenge!

LAMAMA: Okay, then, I'll be the first person you see that day!

Really goofy, eh??

Now, the dumb question of the week: what's the attire for this thing??
Something tells me not terribly formal -- I just don't think it'd be right
for, I dunno...Robin to show up in tux and tails. :)