[Mb-hair] senior center

richard haase hotprojects at nyc.rr.com
Mon Nov 14 16:01:45 PST 2005

its not turning hair into a new show
this is how direction and mis en scene evolves

and the authors would naturally be involved in any production of HAIR that i
did
i am in constant touch with them

and yes once you set the context
and its the same script
yes it is HAIR
its not the same production
but yes it would be HAIR
and Jimmy Rado shares this vision in fact
that sound that came off the floor in the reunion is HAIR
MORE HAIR THAN ANY OTHER COMPANY

and i have more new high end projects than anyone the planet
but
HAIR like a piece of mozart or bizets carmen or something by dostoyevsky
is very special

the reason this discussion comes up with HAIR is the notion of ground
breaking of freshness
is very much a part of the zeitgeist of the show; so the notion of keeping
it fresh and freshness
is part of HAIRS inherent makeup

thats why

and yes i would set west side story now
and without changing a word make it black and puerto rican
the jets as in jet black are a black gang
thats whos living up there now