[Mb-hair] Hair We Are Again

Little Birdie lbirdie at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 14 06:55:20 PST 2005

You are correct Bil. To use songs from Hair in a new context you would need
the permission of the authors and the performance rights holders. You are
also correct that one doesn't always need permission to record a song, but
that law does not cover the use of the songs in a running performance piece,
but only on a recording.
Nina

The Hair Archives
http://www.michaelbutler.com/hair/holding/Hair.html