[Mb-hair] how was rainbow by the way?

Little Birdie lbirdie at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 14 05:07:19 PST 2005

Richard wrote:
>so why didnt rainbow " go "?

I think because the plot was a little too "off-off-Broadway" and they were
going for  Broadway or Off-Broadway audience. Most of the reviews were
positive, but said things like "I had a great time at Rainbow, however I
don't understand a thing I saw." or similar things. Many of the reviews are
up online in the Rainbow section of the Archives web site. All the
performances (most cast members were Hair alumni) were great with several
real standouts. The songs (42 of 'em!) were musically catchy like a song
from a truly great Broadway musical. But they were paired with very
avant-garde lyrics, and song titles like "I'm a Guinea Pig" "People Stink"
and "You Didn't Love Me Tonight" the latter sung by the First Lady to Jesus,
so you get the idea. I would LOVE to hear the updated version. Let us know
what you think when you hear it.

Nina

The Hair Archives
http://www.michaelbutler.com/hair/holding/Hair.html