[Mb-hair] Hello:) A quick update.....

Barbara Siomos barbarasiomos38 at webtv.net
Wed Sep 8 20:20:03 PDT 2004

Amy, nice to hear everything is well with you and your life, seems like
you have it together... :-)

Many years ago when I used to dance (in a line in clubs) we used to
gather round and sing show tunes as well (like where you go to the gay
bar), it is so much fun.. wish I lived closer.

peace,
barbara
>From: LilacAmy11 at aol.com
>Date: Wed, Sep 8, 2004, 6:47pm
>To: mb-hair at islandlists.com

I just wanted to say sorry that I've been kinda quiet on the list
lately..... I have been super busy - a quick update of my life:

The new school year has started for me as a teacher and a student. I
have a good class of kids this year, so far and I think it'll be a good
year. My two classes this semester seem challenging, but like classes I
can learn a lot from.

This summer was great - I subletted an apartment in Wrigleyville and had
such a great time. I was a few blocks away from Seth (my boyfriend) and
close a bunch of friends. I had 9 semester hours this summer, which was
kind of heavy but I didn't do anything else. I got to be just a student
again and it was great! I really needed the break, because I was so busy
and stressed by the beginning of June. I enjoyed biking and reading by
the lake, hanging out with friends, and just generally relaxing.
I also got to go to Showtunes Monday every week.  Showtunes Monday is
at a gay bar in Chicago and from 8 til closing they play videos of
showtunes on TVs throughout the bar. Everyone sings an it's such fun
(they play things from HAIR a lot!) If anyone is in Chicago over a
Sunday, let me know cuz they do showtunes then too!

Other than that, things are about the same. Seth and I are good and I'm
hoping within the next few months, there will be a ring:) My family is
good - my grandfather passed away in March (I think I mentioned that),
so that's been tough. And my dog Toby is great. He had a ruptured disc
in his neck in April and he was in pain and had a lot of problems moving
around for a few months. But he actually had accupuncture, which really
helped and he's doing just wonderfully now!:)

- Amy

"in time of lilacs who proclaim/ the aim of waking is to dream" - e.e.
cummings

"Life is around you and in you . . . Let the sunshine in!" - HAIR (the
musical)