[Mb-hair] Hello:) A quick update.....

LilacAmy11 at aol.com LilacAmy11 at aol.com
Wed Sep 8 15:47:34 PDT 2004

I just wanted to say sorry that I've been kinda quiet on the list lately.....
I have been super busy - a quick update of my life:

The new school year has started for me as a teacher and a student. I have a
good class of kids this year, so far and I think it'll be a good year. My two
classes this semester seem challenging, but like classes I can learn a lot
from.

This summer was great - I subletted an apartment in Wrigleyville and had such
a great time. I was a few blocks away from Seth (my boyfriend) and close a
bunch of friends. I had 9 semester hours this summer, which was kind of heavy
but I didn't do anything else. I got to be just a student again and it was
great! I really needed the break, because I was so busy and stressed by the
beginning of June. I enjoyed biking and reading by the lake, hanging out with
friends, and just generally relaxing.

I also got to go to Showtunes Monday every week.  Showtunes Monday is at a
gay bar in Chicago and from 8 til closing they play videos of showtunes on TVs
throughout the bar. Everyone sings an it's such fun (they play things from HAIR
a lot!) If anyone is in Chicago over a Sunday, let me know cuz they do
showtunes then too!

Other than that, things are about the same. Seth and I are good and I'm
hoping within the next few months, there will be a ring:) My family is good - my
grandfather passed away in March (I think I mentioned that), so that's been
tough. And my dog Toby is great. He had a ruptured disc in his neck in April and
he was in pain and had a lot of problems moving around for a few months. But he
actually had accupuncture, which really helped and he's doing just
wonderfully now!:)

- Amy

"in time of lilacs who proclaim/ the aim of waking is to dream" - e.e.
cummings

"Life is around you and in you . . . Let the sunshine in!" - HAIR (the
musical)