[Mb-hair] Alice's Restaurant

Barbara Siomos barbarasiomos38 at webtv.net
Fri Nov 26 07:09:05 PST 2004

Nina..

Are you near W. Stockbridge Mass.? When I stayed there one summer
(approx. 1971 or 2) I went to Alices restaurant which I was told was NOT
the original, it was on this great country road (near w stockbridge),
sort of like a roadside type of restaurant..... She was cooking in the
kitchen and the food was awesome... she oversaw everything and was busy
as a bee, I had great respect for her hard work. Just wondering IF it is
still in the same place?

peace,
barbara
>From: "Little Birdie" <lbirdie at hotmail.com>
>To: mb-hair at islandlists.com
>Subject: RE: [Mb-hair] Alice's Restaurant
>Date: Fri, Nov 26, 2004,

As we live about a half hour from the scene of the real Thanksgiving Day
masacree that the first part of the song is about we can always count on
it being played on the radio here several times every Thanksgiving Day.
I make sure to catch it every year while baking pies.

Alice's church is now the home of the Guthrie Foundation, Arlo's
foundation which is involved in many wonderful things, many musical. Her
restaurant is still a restaurant, although much more upscale than hers
was. Arlo, Alice, and Officer Obie are all still around...

Happy Thanksgiving all!
Nina
The Hair Archives
http://www.michaelbutler.com/hair/holding/Hair.html