[Mb-hair] Alice's Restaurant

Little Birdie lbirdie at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 26 19:08:59 PST 2004

Hi Barbara,

I'm a little more than half an hour east of Stockbridge. Alice had at least
three restaurants that I am aware of. The first was a tiny place "around the
back, just a half a mile from the railroad track" in downtown Stockbridge,
down a short alley off the main street. Same street as the Red Lion Inn.
This is the one made famous by the song, but I don't believe it was around
that long. The last one I went to was about 25 years ago, called Alice's at
Avaloch, near Tanglewood, a much more upscale restaurant than the original,
or the one you went to. Perhaps she had more than these three...? Not sure
what she is up to these days.

Nina

The Hair Archives
http://www.michaelbutler.com/hair/holding/Hair.html