[Mb-hair] Re: Alice's Restaurant

Dauber dauber at banana-and-louie.org
Fri Nov 26 06:51:43 PST 2004

On 11/26/2004, Doris J. Brook wrote:

> Cool, Nina & Leo.  I remember WNEW (?) in NYC used to play it every year,
> which is where the tradition began for me.  (No one seems to do it here in
> Portland, though I bet KBOO might).

What you might want to do if you have your heart set on continuing this
tradition is seeing, believe it or not, whether any stations in your area
carry the Dr. Demento Show. I honestly don't know if he doesn't this every
year, but on his last show before Thanksgiving he played "Alice's
Restaurant" and mentioned the connection to Thanksgiving. And to be honest,
although I've heard the song many times, this week was the first time I
really paid attention to it and finally understood that it's definitely a
Thanksgiving song! :)

> Good night to all- don't shop tomorrow!

arhghhg...tell me about it. I woke up to the radio station that basically
covers what's going on in all of New Jersey, and I heard the LONGEST traffic
report ever. Every mention of a backup was followed by the words "near the
______ Mall..." Well...I guess I shouldn't be surprised, as IINM, New Jersey
invented the mall..thank God I don't live near Paramus...and thank God I'm
married to a sensible woman who doesn't want to leave the house today!

--
dauber at banana-and-louie.org * dauber.50megs.com
 * ICQ: 28677921 * YIM: dau_ber * AIM: ddaauubbeerr