[Mb-civic] In Modern Imperialism, US Needs to Walk Softly LATimes

Cheeseburger maxfury at granderiver.net
Sun Jul 18 23:48:15 PDT 2004

In Modern Imperialism, US Needs to Walk Softly LATimes

Max Boot wrote:

"Whether we like it or not, liberal imperialism is needed today to deal with
the most troubled regions of the planet."

I dunno....

I like the way you write, but then you come to these STUPID "Conclusions",
like the one above, and I have no rational choice but to take exception.

As if "Imperialism" on the part of The United States Of America is *Our
Only Option*, so "We might as well get used to it" and "Try to make it a
kinder gentler Imperialism" as we travel down our merry path.

"A thousand points of Imperialism...."

Poppycock.

Anything with the word "Imperialism" in it is what we need to run from
DESPERATELY.

Instead of sitting by watching as America "embraces it".  Or rather
*learns* and *is taught* to "embrace it".

And you can use any descriptive adjectives, such as "liberal", attached to
the word "Imperialism", and Imperialism still winds up being Imperialism.

Color-coded or not.  (courtesy of tom, hehe)

"Color-Coded Imperialism".   Has a nice ring to it, don't
it....?   LOL...............

We ALREADY HAVE "Imperialism" at work happening on the part of "America".

We HAVE for CENTURIES.

What we DON'T want to do is EMBRACE IT ANY FURTHER.

It is NOT our "Only Option".

Out of this mess which *Imperialism* got us into IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Please try to remember that when you write such things such as everybody
should edge over closer to *Imperialism*, give it a little hug and a
snuggle, and call it Lover, especially since it's gonna "save the world".

Again, THAT is how we got HERE to begin with.

THAT is what we have been TRYING to escape for CENTURIES now.

Apparently to no avail whatsoever.

Give me one Good Real Diplomat and I will have all the Imperialists of the
world shining his shoes by midnight.

Cheeseburger

- Where has the sparrow gone now that I need its song.