[Mb-civic] Homeland Security: "Scr*w You America, It's Classified..."

Cheeseburger maxfury at granderiver.net
Mon Jul 12 23:37:31 PDT 2004

Homeland Security:  "Scr*w You America, It's Classified..."

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml;jsessionid=XWZSY0SEUWFYGCRBAELCFFA?type=topNews&storyID=5648906

Fascinating.       LOL..........

"When the government gives warnings without more information about why
they're giving them ... that inevitably leads to people questioning whether
the timing is a diversion, or politically motivated."  =Randall Yim, the
head of GAO's homeland security division=, told Reuters. "

"U.S. government terror warnings to local police and citizens fail to give
the specific information many authorities say is needed to protect the
public, a congressional report said on Monday."

"The report by the General Accounting Office, the investigative arm of
Congress, was based on survey of 28 agencies and 56 (misprint?) states."

"The administration denies playing politics with terror threats, but a GAO
official said the warning system's credibility could be undermined by vague
announcements."

"It (Congressional Report) recommended that the department (Homeland
Security Inc.) publicize threats quickly and through multiple channels, and
said many authorities (Just about every "American Defense" Agency) reported
they had first learned about threat warnings from media sources."

"Government officials (U.S., not Iraqi) have said that the nature of
terrorist threats and the classified information on which they are often
based make it difficult to give more detailed information."

Sorry, but I just *have* to say "Amazing Stuff" here once...

Amazing Stuff.

What was that line that the Harkonian? archer in leg irons said to Conan
the Barbarian......?

Something like "Let me die on my feet like a man with a weapon in my hand,
instead of as food for wolves......."

I can no longer distinguish one wolf from another anymore.

Cheeseburger

- Where has the sparrow gone now that I need its song.