[Mb-civic] in reply to ian's reply

Ginger Baker jabaka at futurenet.co.za
Fri Aug 20 00:35:59 PDT 2004

bear
......it was good to recieve ian's comments which were noted...it is dear ian who has misconstrued my words...1. he accused me of visceral hatred of religion...hatred just does not occur in my life..i have been accused of hating jews simply because i strongly object to israels ghastly policies..the fact that i disdain religions does not mean that i hate them...i'm sure that ian is a very good soul, i have many friends who are sincerely religious; christian, jews and muslim, all are decent and good people...ian declares that his decent life with all the attributes he names are due to following the teachings of jesus..all religions teach the same basic rules of life, truth, honesty etc etc...my life follows all these basics without belief in religion..it is simply decent behaviour..2. with regard to the "big-bangers" these gentlemen will be viewed with the same amusement as the "flat earthists" are now in a thousand years or so...as ian pointed out the majority of these scientists are also religious...this, to my mind, weakens their argument..3...as to god...there is no doubt that something exists responsible for all and everything...my view is that god is an entity far beyond the comprehension of mankind...biblical statements that god created man in his own image are, frankly, risible...yes i do find it mind boggling that so called intelligent beings can believe the "holy" scriptures whatever religion they support...i consider these tomes as fiction and supposition...i have found throughout my long life [65 years] that just because it appears in "black and white" it is therefore true..quite the opposite...stay well my dear ian..i'm sure you are a good fellow...madbaker