[Mb-civic] religion

Cheeseburger maxfury at granderiver.net
Fri Aug 20 01:22:16 PDT 2004

Re:  religion

Ian wrote:

====
Within your "diatribe," you make some very good points.
====

"Uncle Cheeseburger...........!!"

"Yes, kids....."

"What's a 'diatribe', Uncle Cheeseburger......?"

"It's one of the lost tribes of HAIR...."

"Oh.....  Ok......"

=====
Yet I don't hear American Christians talking about how a much larger number
of leaders have "hijacked" Christianity to serve narrow, unloving,
unforgiving and ultimately un-Christian (if not usually violent) views.
=====

They are unfortunate victims/prisoners of their own Faith.  Manipulated by
"The Top" so well.  They are either blind sheep or simply cannot bring
themselves to break from The Lies with a clear conscience without
"betraying their leadership" which is "surely appointed by God himself or
they would not possess such power within such a holy structure".  It's kind
of like "The Thin Blue Line" that police use to hold "their own" "intact"
as an "inseparable unit", even as injustices, crimes, and murders are
committed by those within their ranks.

If they have "ultimate faith" in their God, then they must automatically
have "ultimate faith" in their "Leaders", no matter how rotten, destructive
or murderous, as it remains a very central part of their "dogma of faith"
that God himself would not put charlatans, tyrants, ruthless men and women,
and murderers in positions of authority over =His Holy Vessel=, the Church,
here on Earth.

(Even though "the scriptures" themselves historically document it time
after time, and predict it...")

This is their simple undoing.  And the resultant catastrophe for the rest
of us in the midst of their "Leaders'" rush up "The Road To Glory" which
apparently tramples everything within its path.

It is simply just *much* too horrible for them to believe that they have
been misled.  That they have unwittingly "Partaken Of The Sins" of their
"Own People At The Top" and have been diligently practicing their Faith
within a structure of Lies themselves created by people they "revere" and
"trust".  It is insurmountable insanity for them to even conceive of their
"Leaders" doing such things, much less that they themselves have drank from
the cup.

So they don't.

And such are "the sheep of God" led so disastrously astray like lemmings to
their own destruction.

With all the rest of us in tow.

=======
You also note the "good samaritan" - as you point out, a critical example
that was kept in Scripture for a reason.

You also note the incident in which someone was casting out demons in
Jesus' name, but was not a disciple.  This passage is worth quoting: "Now
John answered Him, saying 'Teacher, we saw someone who does not follow us
casting out demons in Your name, and we forbade him because he does not
follow us.'  But Jesus said, 'Do not forbid him, for no one who works a
miracle in My name can soon afterward speak evil of Me.  For he who is not
against us is on our side."  Mark 9:38-40.

Finally, I want to paraphrase you at length because, again, you are so
correct and it warrants repeating: "No matter how you slice it, mainstream
Christianity has so very long to go to ever even approach catching up to
Jesus Himself, much less His actual teachings.  And they're so busy
condemning everyone but themselves that they have absolutely no time left to
look into it.  And they sit in the front pew every Sunday morning and
profess their piety, purity and charity."

Bravo!  I could not have put it better myself.

Peace.
=========

Now, if someone could only figure out a way to actually save all those
people blindly following all these "False Prophets" who are leading them,
and the rest of us as a result, to the "precipices of Hell", that would
certainly be an accomplishment.

Such thoughts and speech are currently, as they always have been, branded
as "Heresy" "Words from the Devil" and "Grounds for Excommunication" "Etc"
by those at "The Top" who misguide and manipulate the Masses for their own
personal reasons and profit.

It is not necessarily anymore, as in that movie "The Usual Suspects" that
"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he
didn't exist", but rather that the minions of Hell itself now run
"Organized Religion" across the globe, for the most part, and point to
anyone who dares oppose them and shout "Witch...!!", and the lemming-sheep
automatically begin to softly chant "Burn, witch, burn....  Burn, witch,
burn..." until they build to a symphonic crescendo that Heaven never
dreamed of scoring.

To help people like that, who it's now rather over-obvious that they could
use a little help, is almost impossible.

Almost.

Cheeseburger

- Where has the sparrow gone now that I need its song.