[Mb-civic] Article from Tom Dispatch

Cheeseburger maxfury at granderiver.net
Fri Aug 20 00:11:47 PDT 2004

Re:  Article from Tom Dispatch

"... return to the mountainous real work of our time, which is to put
together what we have never had but now must create -- an anti-imperial,
democratic way of organizing the world."

Boom.  The "dream of the ages".

The Holy Grail of Freedom.

Securing it, drinking from it, and pouring the sustenance from it across
the nations still remains outside the will, not the grasp, of the current
"Imperialists".

And those who strive for its life-giving properties have no power in the
face of "Enforcement", even in America.

The "American Imperialists", and their political zombies, are not "America".

They just currently run our Domestic and Foreign policies.

Where are they leading us "on the curve" and "do we have 75 years"..?

They are leading us to Hell.

No, we don't have 75 years.

And this is where "imagination" steps in.

Is it enough that we simply continue to believe in things like "Freedom"
"Democracy" and "Non-Imperialistic Methods" "Etc"...?

Can "the saving of America Etc" actually result from the mere "belief" by
the human heart, soul, what have you, that we can live in Peace,
Well-Being, and Freedom...?

Or do we actually have to literally have a Political Revolution, throw the
cocksuckers out, permanently, put in place LAWS that will never allow it to
happen again, and reduce Our Military to one-fifth its size just to prevent
our own destruction here in America....?

Let's hope that if both don't work, at least one will.

If not, we're screwed in the future, just like we are now, just like we
were "way back then".

In the face of the new Military Technology that allows them to fry the
water under your skin, put thoughts into your head, remove voluntary
control of your muscles, induce sleep, deprive sleep, literally insert and
remove "life experiences", basically do anything they wish with your
corporeal being as far as causing "humanely disabling" pain or causing
death with microwaves etc etc etc, I would say we are screwed.

The "Military" part of an "Imperialist System" runs on *what*, kids...?

That's right, very good.  It runs on "Weapons" to a great extent.  Weapons
is its cats meow.  Money weapons money weapons money weapons.

Having a weapon that you can aim at an individual, a crowd, or an entire
city, anywhere in the world, and reduce them to bumbling screaming
jello-oids is certainly a great indication of Permanent Imperialism going
"up" on the curve, at least in my little book.  Especially since you can
also detonate your enemy's stash of weapons from, say, outer space, say, on
a little satellite circling this speck of dust.

Yes, that's a "tangent", but you were speaking of "Military Empire".

Such as ours.

With this new Ben & Jerry's type of unbelievably formidable conglomeration
of weapons systems, it's not really going to matter if you're Green
Lantern, Superman, and Wonder Woman all rolled into one, or whether you are
Harry Potter or some despot with nuclear weapons.

All they have to do now is "point and click" and that's it.

The end of all "messy war stuff".  Point and click.  Voila.  Instant human
pudding.

With such weapons, which Our Military now possesses, there is no longer a
useful definition for "Conventional Imperialism".

It's a whole nuther ball game now.

*This* is the "Weapons Systems" that *Ensures Imperialism*.

"Politically strong" "Military" "Empire" "Etc" or not.

We've entered into the time and age of "Flash Gordon".  All they have to do
is finish Fine Tuning it all.

Unless you can disarm your own Military from weapons they have no business
possessing, nor eventually dispersing to "lower echelons", which you can't,
you're oatmeal.  On toast.

As is the rest of the spreading Empire.

Cheeseburger's new book "Uncle Cheeseburger Tells Dick Cheney to Go Fuck
Himself on the Senate Floor", published by Slaughterhouse 5 Books, is
available at all Ben & Jerry's outlets.

:)

"Uncle Cheeseburger.................!!"

"Yes, kids...."

"You are SOOOOO funny, hehehe...........!!"

"Hehe....   Night, kids...."

"Night, Uncle Cheeseburger.........."

Click.

"What's a Ben & Jerry's....?"

"I dunno..."

"Me neither...."

"Say....  Where's our stash.....?"

"I dunno...."

"I'll bet he took it...."

"He wouldn't do that......"

"He wouldn't......?"

       :|   :|

The cricket begins to softly chirp in its cage.......

Cheeseburger

- Where has the sparrow gone now that I need its song.