[Mb-hair] FW: Form your own opinion!

rachel anderson raesing4u at yahoo.com
Mon May 8 10:55:53 PDT 2006

hi, guys...

thanks for your views.  i am hoping to learn more
about all of this, because it scares me for a few
different reasons.

the year after 9/11, i took a plane ride with my
extremely gorgeous, half-british/half-iranian hubby
and out baby daughter.  there were some old people
speaking farci on the plane, looking for a storage
bin, so my hubby, (who grew up in san fran but spent
five years in iran and is bi-lingual), began to speak
to them and help them with their bags.

the people around us (i am a very fair blonde, half
scandinavian, half JEWISH!  gasp!  "you dont look
jewish at ALL!! kind of thing....) started looking at
my husband in blatant horror.  it was obvious that
they were terrified about hearing that language on an
airplane, which i can understand.  (my husband said,
"gimme a break!  i gotta blonde, american-jewish
wife!" hahaha!!)

but the truth is that he would be the first to confirm
to you that there IS no reasoning with the extreme
islamic people of his country and that they DO want to
wipe out israel and jews and ARE anti-semetic.  he
would tell you that there is no way to "negotiate"
around this- as we all can see by the signs in the
photos jonathan posted.

its a confusing and scary thing!  and i would love to
get clearer on the situation by hearing what eveyone
thinks is a good solution for "we the people" to do!

what do you all think we should do?  pictures like
these scare me because they represent very real
threats.  and not only am i afraid of those threats,
but i'm afraid of the racism that could come out of
confronting them and calling them what they are: real.

scenarios like the one we experienced on the airplane
could become regular life....

i think we need to confront the truth of these
people's agenda while protecting our hearts from the
tendency to fear EVERYONE who seems "affiliated", you
know?  but we cant pretend or hope that people who
hold up "prepare for your 9/11" signs are kidding.
they arent!  and they dont want to sit down and have a
nice, long chat about it, either.

what is the right way to deal with this?  any
thoughts?  i'm interested in solutions that embrace
justice and a heart for what is true and right.
anybody?

thanks for helping me, here....i need to learn.

much love, everybody!

=== message truncated ===>