[Mb-hair] off broadway

Little Birdie lbirdie at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 17 12:32:05 PST 2006

Mike R wrote:

> > What song did the off-broadway productions end with? I heard
> > sometimes it ended with Sentimental Ending and sometimes it didn't.
> > What else did it end with if it wasn't Sentimental Ending
> > ?

The off-Broadway script ends with the stage directions "Possible singing of
Sentimental Journey or Aquarius"

The last song in the script is The Climax. Aquarius is in the script about
2/3 of the way through the show, and I have never heard of the show ending
with it, despite what the script says.

Some of the off-Broadway reviews describe the closing scene of the show,
with toy tanks moving around the stage after Claude leaves for Vietmnam.
These reviews can be read at:

http://www.michaelbutler.com/hair/holding/articles/HairArticles/HairArticlesIndex.html

The make really interesting reading. Imagine - a top ticket price of $2.50!