[Mb-hair] Re: Mb-hair Digest, Vol 15, Issue 46

Amy Kazan lilacamy11 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 24 12:01:19 PDT 2005

>SoCal Fullerton produced HAIR. I took it to Chicago
>for the 1998 Demo Convention. They had a video
>preamble of all major events starting with
>JFK's assassination.

That was awesome Michael... however, the video, if you
remember went backwards... at the very beginning
people came out dressed in "90s" clothes and they had
a video starting with current events and going
backwards to the 60s. It totally did the job of
brining the audience from the current time into the
time of the play. Oh and as the video went backwards,
the characters took off the "90s" clothing to reveal
60s clothing underneath.

(actually, I saw this production in 1996 so maybe it
was different in 1998).

And also on another note, I also really liked the most
recent production of JCS (the one that's modern and on
DVD now). I actually saw it in NYC in 2000 and it was
really great.

- Amy

"in time of lilacs who proclaim/ the aim of waking is to dream" - e.e. cummings

"Life is around you and in you . . . Let the sunshine in!" - HAIR (the musical)