[Mb-hair] Act Now - Don't Let the Governor Veto the Civil Marriage Act

Michael Butler michael at intrafi.com
Wed Sep 14 08:26:24 PDT 2005

Dear Friend,

Time is running out! I need you to join me and tell Governor
Schwarzenegger to sign the Civil Marriage and Religious Freedom
Protection Act TODAY.

For the first time in U.S. history, both houses of a state
legislature passed a bill allowing civil marriage for same sex
couples. But Governor Schwarzenegger is planning to
single-handedly halt the expansion of basic civil rights to
everyone in the state.

Click here to tell Schwarzenegger to sign the Civil Marriage and
Religious Freedom Protection Act.
http://action.angelides.com/campaign/civilmarriage

Signing the Civil Marriage and Religious Freedom Protection Act
into law would move California forward on the right side of
history by affording the same rights to all Californians,
regardless of sexual orientation.

But Governor Schwarzenegger has said that he will veto the Civil
Marriage and Religious Freedom Protection Act passed by both
houses of the California State Legislature.

Don't let Schwarzenegger veto the bill! Click here to tell
Schwarzenegger to sign the Civil Marriage and Religious Freedom
Protection Act.
http://action.angelides.com/campaign/civilmarriage

This is a critical time in our history and we must do what is
right. As recently as the late-1940's interracial marriages were
banned in the US - until California was the first to lift its
ban, thus leading the way to ending decades of discrimination.
California must continue to be at the forefront in the great
fight against discrimination of any kind.

The Governor has until October 8th to sign the Civil Marriage
and Religious Freedom Protection Act into law. Stand with us and
tell the Governor to sign the bill and make history for
California.

Click here to tell the Governor to do what is right for all
Californians.
http://action.angelides.com/campaign/civilmarriage

This bill affects all Californians, regardless of sexual
orientation, and we must stand up for the liberties and equality
all Californians deserve. After you have sent your message,
please tell your family and friends to sign it as well. Together
we can move California forward to the right side of history.

Thanks!
http://action.angelides.com/campaign/civilmarriage?rk=ypzYJNF1LzIfW