[Mb-hair] This Friday Night - for early reunion arrivals

tiogajoe at juno.com tiogajoe at juno.com
Thu Sep 8 19:53:54 PDT 2005

Way cool, Mike.  Great bonus treat for HAIR heads.  Hope it's a smashing success.
I've gotta RSVP Regrets.  I'll be slipping in just in time to make the Renion at LaMaMa e.t.c.  Though I'll try to make it in a couple hours early in hopes of meeting HAIR's Sally Shafer and meeting her new beau, both up from Florida, meeting the Dauber (HAIR Net) and great wife Lisa and meeting with any other available HAIR heads for a pre-party ... party.
That afternoon, I'll be emcee-ing a guest speaker at the Vietnam Era Educational Center in Jersey ("What Exit?"  -- Exit 116, GSP [Garden State Parkway]):  Vietnam Veteran [and college art professor] Thomas F. Morrissey, author and photograpic illustrator of "Between the Lines: Photographs from the National Vietnam Veterans Memorial."  Soon's it's over, I'll commute back home, park by my home, walk to the train station, and hit the road for NYC and HAIR.
This past Saturday, similarly, I was guest moderator for an oral-history panel discussion by participants in the VVAW (Vietnam Veterans Against the War) coordinated Operation RAW (Rapid American Withdrawel) antiwar protest and public awareness (about the reality of the My Lai-type "Search and Destroy" practices of American GIs in Vietnam) demonstration march from Morristown, NJ, to Valley Forge, PA, 35 years ago (1970) this past Labor Day Weekend.  Not bad getting to rub elbows with the likes of the founder of VVAW and a couple of the most recognized (in the world of literature) Vietnam veteran poets, Jan Barry and W.D. Ehrhart.  What an honor.
I look forward to some HAIR play Saturday.
Peace,
Sibley / Tioga Joe
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 14:54:28 -0700 (PDT)
From: Mike Blaxill <mblaxill at yahoo.com>

Hey HAiR alumni attendees - if you get into NYC
on Friday night and are looking for an activity
or place to convene with friends before the big
day, come check out this concert..Rocking
Liberally...that I'm organizing (details below).
It's a part benefit to help pro-choice groups -
all HAiR people get in free, just mention HAiR at
the door

The line-up of bands is great, not too loud
(mostly acoustic), and there's a place in the
back to talk - also for those who don't know me,
I'm with Crissy aka Debbie Andrews (Crissy in
Detroit, DC, & Bway 1970-71)

Anyway, here's the details - see you soon!
Mike Blaxill

FRIDAY NIGHT SEPT 9

**ROCKING LIBERALLY**
A Progressive Coalition
Music for the Movement

Friday, Sept 9 - 9:30pm
Featuring
JENNIFER O'CONNOR
(“cucumber-cool songs” – TimeOut NY),
KOESTER
(“solid songwriting chops” – The Onion) and
NAYSAYER
(“so good we can’t help but say yes” –
Entertainment Weekly)

**With a special appearance by
Billionaires for Bush and Greene Dragon**

@ The Tank - 208 West 37th St (7th Ave)
Admission: $7
(portion of the proceeds to PFAW)

ROCKING LIBERALLY will offer the chance
to learn how you can support grassroots
efforts to defeat the Judge Roberts nomination,
preserve your Civil Rights, Roe v Wade and a
Fair and Independent Judiciary

Presented by: Drinking Liberally, People for the
American Way, NARAL, Cosmopolity, Citizen Action
NY, New Democratic Majority, ACT NY, Democracy
for
NYC, Music for America

The Tank is a space for performing and visual
arts emphasizing new work by emerging performers,
designers, writers, directors and producers. The
Tank is a groundfloor venue, an active gallery,
and an ever-changing stage. The Tank is currently
operating out of a temporary subsidized space
generously donated by chashama, an organization
dedicated to creating space for artists to
create.