[Mb-hair] Re: Hair/Rent

richard haase hotprojects at nyc.rr.com
Mon Oct 31 02:56:35 PST 2005

the problem with rent why rent is narrower i think in my opinion
is that so much of it revolves around transexuals homosexuals the late night
scene in NYC etc
which although this is very familiar indigenous to us in the theater, in
greenwhich village etc
in cosmpolitan cities such as NY and San Francisco
is not universal in the way that the hippies of HAIR were in their time
that was the problem i had with rent
it dealt for me with too small a subpopulation
eg im first a wild village director and i dont have a visceral response to
the transexuals
it is not familiar or immediate to me
i dont know just my opinion