[Mb-hair] Re: Hair/Rent

Amy Kazan lilacamy11 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 30 12:59:22 PST 2005

I for one can't wait to
see the movie.. The soundtrack, atleast what I have
heard of it.. (just
got it 20 minutes ago) seems really good, great voices
and good
production. I saw the play twice and loved it both
times..  Guess I am just
wondering what other Hairy folks think about the play,
the score, the
movie, and the conection if any to HAIR.

I can't wait to see the movie either.... I have seen
previews and I am really excited.

I love RENT. I think it is a wonderful play and
although I don't think it's really "Hair of the 90s"
as some have said, I do see similarities. The
biggested similarity for me is the feeling I'm left
with at the end of both plays. Both with Hair and
Rent, I'm left with this feeling of togetherness and
support and joy in spite of problems in the world.

- Amy

"in time of lilacs who proclaim/ the aim of waking is to dream" - e.e. cummings

"Life is around you and in you . . . Let the sunshine in!" - HAIR (the musical)