[Mb-hair] Re: Weed and such

tiogajoe at juno.com tiogajoe at juno.com
Mon Nov 14 20:12:57 PST 2005

 Just IMHO:
Smoke in the lungs being unsafe:
Probably.  Hard to argue against.  But still, I don't want smoking outlawed.  You may catch me smoking Cavendish in a briarwood pipe as I stroll to the fishing pier late at night.  In a way, it signals that stand.  England's King James hated the smoking of the evil weed tobacco back in the early 1600's.  Had he had his way, English-speaking America may never have taken root in Jamestown, Virginia, and we may well have ended up speaking a different language in America today.  I'm glad the smoke merchants succeeded.
Cannabis smoke stinking:
Yeah, I've smelled some pretty stinky stuff -- yet even that had some adequate results (altering-of-states-of-consciousness-wise), but, man, the good stuff?  That smell is good enough to can in an aerosol can of air-freshener!  I've almost gotten whip-lash when catching a whiff and then searching the environs to figure out the source!  It's a pretty smell.  No stink at all.  But, yeah, there's some stinky stuff out there (30 years ago when I was a waiter in a restaurant in Billsburg, Virginia, the busboy had some stinky pot.  It smelled awful.  But he was a happy busboy [hard to find] and he did his part to make sure at least one of the waiters he worked for was happy, too!).
Beach Boys:
I turned on to the Beach Boys as a young teen when they first started making waves in the early-mid '60s, and that was LONG before I allowed myself to investigate pot, so I had (and have) no drug connections to their music (even if there were some).  Brian Wilson and his Beach Boys spoke to me through their music.  That music (and lyrics) continue to be for me all that's necessary to get into that groove.
Regarding New Jersey's "Weed Man," I'm afraid it may be discovered that I voted for him.  Hell, I dislike both the major candidates for Governorship, so, hell, I figured I might as well make that point as strongly as I could (and with some measure of a sense of humor, eh?)
Regarding legalizing, ... well, you said it.
And the fifth?  Yeah, I take the fifth (I also bought a fifth, which, apparently, is still legal).
Anyway, all of the above is only alleged to have come from me.  These opinions are not necessarily those of the author (am I paranoid, or what?).
Yadda, yadda, yadda, have a good day, and all that jazz,
Joseph Livingstone de Tioga
======================================
Sean Courtney <dauber at banana-and-louie.org> wrote:
    On 10/15/2005, Robin McNamara wrote:

    > There are many things that marijuana is good for both physical &
    > mental. Our government refuses to study it properly & spreads garbage
    > propaganda of how bad it is for you. Carl Sagen, said that marijuana
    > gave him intellectual insight.

    I don't blame the government, and I'll tell ya why: ours is by far not the
    only government to outlaw it. Very few countries allow it.

    My overall thoughts:

    1) Whether it be pot, tobacco, or hickory, putting ANY smoke in your lungs
    ain't safe -- that's why the fire department tells you to get as close to
    the ground as you can, so you don't breathe it in! And that's why your
lungs
    force it out.

    2) The stuff stinks...literally! Either that or the stuff I got a whiff of
    at the McCartney concerts (and the one Brian Wilson show I w ent to where
    someone lit up a blunt -- I'm sorry, but 1) you shouldn't light up when
    you're ten feet away from a recovering drug addict, and 2) of all the songs
    in the Brian Wilson/Beach Boys catalog to turn on to, "Sloop John
B" is NOT
    a good one to do that to!!!!) I've been to was rancid....seriously, that
    stuff smelled like....well, sadly, what my feet smell like right now.

    3) However, I wouldn't step in the way of legalizing it. In fact...here in
    NJ there's this guy known as "NJ Weed Man" who's been arrested
several times
    for possessing the stuff. He's RUNNING FOR GOVERNOR!!! and promises to
    legalize the ganja here in the state. I'm seriously
    thinking of voting for the dude -- he's much more qualified than the two
    bozos in the democratic and republican parties who are running. I'm not
    bashing republicans and democrats or anything, but the candidates for NJ
    governor just don't give me a good feeling.

    4) It really would be in the government's best interest to legalize it,
what
    with the taxes they could put on it, medicinal qualities, etc.

    5) Uhhh...nothing else, really...I just wanted a fifth point. :)

    dauber at banana-and-louie.org