[Mb-hair] Speaking of Bridgeport

Doris J. Brook djbrook at hevanet.com
Thu May 19 15:07:58 PDT 2005

Richard, friend, it's a pitfall in cyberspace that the ability to convey nuance, facial expression, tone of voice, etc, is lacking, and occasionally things meant one way can be taken in a way that was unintended.  When I exhorted you (or anyone, really, even though it was you who raised the question, who was Tioga Joe? as there are others on the list who don't know him yet, so it was actually directed to the collective as well as the individual) to "give him his propers," I wasn't implying that you were being disrespectful, rather, I was just talking up Tioga and trying to give a shorthand measure of my perception of where he sits in this circle.  That being said, you felt a sting, whether or not I intended to inflict one (which, for the record, I did not) and for that I offer an apology.  We're all friends here, though I must say I'm thrilled to be classified now as one of "the paranoid contingent"  (I'm saying that with a smile- I don't know how to do those little symbols that are supposed to provide cyber-nuance).  So, peace, brother...

-Doris

P.S. - I hope you all have a fabulous time at Bridgeport; I look forward to eloquent reportings back about the show and each other.   Me, I'm off to southern Oregon for a ceremonial ritual of a different but definitely consistent sort.