[Mb-hair] Visceral connections

Michael Arian michaeldavidarian at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 31 12:45:26 PST 2005

 Hey Jonathan-Thank you 100 times for any and all good thoughts.Below you will see a
press release about  a new thing here at theater.I am not being paid but never the less I
am still involved.You will note appearances by Walter Michael Harris and his family and a
date for Michael Butler himself.We are attempting to get as many original Hair folks here
as we can get.So far we have a yes from quite a few of them.Tom O should be here too and
it's looking like it could become a giant reunion/love-in.Galt may be here and we are
still hoping Jimmy will respond.I will iat any rate take many pix for me and your
archives.Later.XOX M

La MaMa Experimental Theater Club ~ 74A East Fourth Street ~ New York, NY 10003
Ellen Stewart, Founder/Artistic Director ~ Box Office 212/475-7710 ~ www.lamama.org
David Diamond, Press Representative ~ PHONE ~ EMAIL ~ for immediate release

LaMaMa ETC presents “Coffehouse Chronicles III. Robert Heidi” at LaMaMa ETC

April 9, 2005      3:00 pm – 5:00pm
La MaMa E.T.C. (The Club), 74A East 4th Street   $10.
Box office (212) 475-7710 On-line ticketing available www.lamama.org
runs 2 hours.
PLEASE LIST: THEATER / SPECIAL EVENTS

New York, April 1st– On Saturday April 9th from 3:00pm until 5:00pm, La MaMa ETC will
present its third event, Coffeehouse Chronicles III. Robert Heide author, actor , in the
ongoing retrospective series entitled Coffeehouse Chronicles. Mr. Heidi is truly one of
the pioneers of the off-off-broadway movement,with a career spanning decades. He has
worked with such names as  Joe Cino, Ellen Stewart, Lanford Wilson and Andy Warhol. He
authored some of the first “plays” at both  the Cino and La Mama. The event will be held
in “The Club” at La MaMa ETC, its’ intimate 99-seat cabaret / coffee house / theatre
space.  Coffeehouse Chronicles presents personal accounts of the history and development
of the Experimental, International & Off-Off Broadway Theatre scenes in NYC and at La
MaMa ETC from 1961 through 1969, by the individuals who created them.  It hosts seminal
and contributing artists of the period who will share with the public their personal
experiences and insights through an open forum discussion and dialogue with all in
attendance.

Coffeehouse Chronicles - Spring Season Schedule (subject to change):
Robert Heide April 9
Michael Butler and friends of HAIR April 23
The Harris Family April 30
Daniel Haben Clark May 7
William M Hoffman May 21
Michael Locascio June 4

Coffeehouse Chronicles
Ellen Stewart – Executive Producer, Artistic Director
Chris Kapp – Director
Michael Arian-Assistant Director
 Future artists include (subject to change): Tom O’ Horgan, playwright / director /
musician 1964, Jean-Claude van Italie, playwright 1965, Lawrence Sacharow, director 1967,
Nelly Vivas, playwright / director 1967, John Vaccaro, director 1969, Joel Zwick,
director 1969.

--- Jonathon Johnson <goodhairdays at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> Thanks for sharing. Hoping all is well with you these days. Still sending positive
> vibes
> and prayers for you.
>
> Love ~ Jonathon

Michael David Arian
michaeldavidarian at yahoo.com
"If you can't say something nice about someone, sit by me."