[Mb-hair] HAIR, at Manhattan's Crobar...

Michael Arian michaeldavidarian at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 17 13:58:36 PST 2005

  If you really want to know.The whole evening was a trip into Hair for the new
Millennium.It was like John Waters meets the kids from the 60's.It was in Crowbar's large
Disco room all set up with chairs and people keeping us peons from sitting in the VIP
seats.Luckily Tom O was there with Mark Cohen and they got us inside the special ropes.
  The Tweed group,if you don't know are a great theater co. with no real home so they do
their fantastic parody shows wherever they can.I don't have the program just now to name
names but I for one only knew Anne Golden and one of the B52's.They did many role
reversals i.e. a girl singing Madonna and Manchester.There was a tall georgeous drag
named Shiquida who sang Initials and Sodomy-this is a world famous entertainer
classically trained at Julliard who sang in a flawless soprano really remarkable.But to
me the most outstanding moment was what they did for the Be-In.They had 20-25 real
off-the-streets-of NYC Hare Krishnas who over a short period of musical time whipped this
audience into a bliss/frenzy equal only to a Rolling Stones or Tina Turner acid-fueled
concert.I have never been brought so high so quickly.The "Tribe" was s group called the
Dazzle Dancers who also got credit for choreography-such as it was-but,mostly they were
notable for their nudeness.The singer for Walking in Space was a tall woman in a silver
kimono who exposed her breasts at the end of the song as the tribe slipped out of the
skimpy rags and feathers they were almost covered by.The entertainers came to the
microphones looking like they would not deliver anything yet every one brought something
totally new and often freaky-unusual to the songs.Forget the Encores production this was
a show needing to be seen.I am sorry more of us weren't there to experience this
wonderful event.Your Friend Michael
--- Little Birdie <lbirdie at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Jim Burns wrote:
>
> >No feedback, here, on the HAIR concert, benefiting Gods Love We Deliver,
> >at New York's Crobar, Monday night?
>
> Yes, I would love to hear about this one, if anyone here went. Jeff? RJ?
>
> Nina
>
> The Hair Archives
> http://www.michaelbutler.com/hair/holding/Hair.html
>

> >From: jameshburns at webtv.net (Jim Burns)
> >To: mb-hair at islandlists.com
> >Subject: [Mb-hair] HAIR, at Manhattan's Crobar...
> >Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 14:58:34 -0500
> >

> >No feedback, here, on the HAIR concert, benefiting Gods Love We Deliver,
> >at New York's Crobar, Monday night?
> >
> >Jim Burns

Michael David Arian
michaeldavidarian at yahoo.com
"If you can't say something nice about someone, sit by me."