[Mb-hair] Useful stuff maybe ...

Sibley Smith sjsmith at njvvmf.org
Mon Jun 20 08:37:05 PDT 2005

Gerald, Gerald,

"Great Tip"?  What's this tip have to do with HAIR?  Sure, it's useful stuff ... to keep bees away and sh**.  But, can't you just clog up the mailboxes of your personal friends by sending this sort of stuff to them only, and not further dilute the value of the MB-HAIR List as a tool for learning about and discussing things HAIR?

I'm sorry, Everybody-else-on-the-List, for my making a scene in expressing my dissatisfaction with one's use of the HAIR List to spread SPAM (no matter how "helpful" it may be).  But, damnitall, this kind of cr** is what pushes me (and no doubt other serious HAIR-heads) away from this association -- because the association becomes no longer HAIR-centric.  When it becomes more a place just for feely-goody chit-chat about "Hints from Heloise"-type better housekeeping, it loses its credibility.

Oh, I could go on, but, I'm sure I adequately made my point (I must have, because I first wiped my computer screen and keyboard with a sheet of Bounce! : )

Anyway, Everybody-Who-Is-Not-Gerald-Gerald, please pardon my rant.  Gerald Gerald, come on, admit it -- you deserved it.

Wearily,

Tioga Joe

Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 12:23:30 -0700 (PDT)
From: Gerald Gerald <dekuyper at sbcglobal.net>

Bounce this around!

Great Tip....Who woulda thought?

1.  My mail carrier told me that the US Postal service
sent out a message to all letter carriers to put a
sheet of Bounce in their uniform pockets to keep
yellow jackets away.

[ And 19 other reasons that have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with HAIR! ]