[Mb-hair] The Infinity Symbol above the "I" in HAIR

fotoblue at flash.net fotoblue at flash.net
Sat Jun 18 16:45:24 PDT 2005

Hi tribe!

 The lying down "8" is indeed the infinity symbol.
it is a Moebius, named after the man who came up with the mathematical
formula
(which you probably can find on the Internet!)

Anton (my hubby, the artist) has been creating  moebius variations for many
years.
it is an intriguing shape!

 Try this:

you take a strip of paper, about 1 foot long, 3" wide.
Easy to see that it has TWO surfaces

lay it flat, pick it up at both ends and give it one twist,
then attach the two ends to each other with tape.
NOW: Follow the surface with your finger. What happened to the two
surfaces?
Surprise: They are now ONE.
Your finger can go round and round inside and out, in-de-finitely...
What do we have here? A moebius.

This could open up a whole wonderful series of interpretations and
philosophical
explanations.

Have fun
Love
 Dagmar

I am attaching one of Anton's bronzes.
It is covered in relief images of a tree of life.
 And it rotates on its base.