[Mb-hair] Back from the HAIR gathering

Leo peacefreak at metrocast.net
Mon Jul 11 07:13:05 PDT 2005

In spite of shaky weather this past Friday evening, we had a great time at
our HAIR gathering/powwow. All 3 years (97,99,03) were represented. We rode
out the remnants of "Cindy" on Friday night; the groovy thing was one of the
Tribe brought along this 20'x30' canopy which we named Big Top cuz it looked
like a circus tent. But, it kept us dry Friday night and we dragged the
grill, chairs, picnic table, and other supplies underneath the Big Top and
had a great evening. Saturday morning the weather started to break and by
mid afternoon we were pretty much finished with the showers so we were able
to get our bigass campfire going.  Saturday evening we gathered in our
campfire circle had a sing through of HAIR and then everyone shared a
favortite HAIR moment. I believe (in love) we ended up with about 23 Tribe
out there.
Someone had stated that we were all at that gathering cuz of me and I
replied that we were all at that gathering cuz of Michael. I mean who knows
what woulda happened had this gentle spirit chosen NOT to produce HAIR? What
might HAIR's fate have been? Fortunately we'll never have to ask that
question. So wherever people gather for a HAIR celebration, it's thanks to
Michael. Thanks Michael for attending what you thought was a Native American
event! You are a great man.
We split Sunday morning and logged the second weekend of July next year as
our fourth annual HAIR powwow and gathering of the Tribes.
If you're interested you can go to this link and check out some pics I took:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/schvenhead/album?.dir=/13cb&.src=ph&.tok=phHvHSDBSPrzOQnn

PEACE,
Leo