[Mb-hair] Re: segregated is a state of mind

richard haase hotprojects at nyc.rr.com
Sun Jul 3 17:45:51 PDT 2005

our prayers are with you charles
----- Original Message -----
From: <cpreston1 at bellsouth.net>
To: <mb-hair at islandlists.com>
Sent: Saturday, July 02, 2005 10:29 PM
Subject: Re: Re: [Mb-hair] Re: segregated is a state of mind

> Ha Richard,
>
> Thought  I would lite you know that things are ok at  this time. I am
living in the north Georgia mountains at this time, still go down to the old
home at least twice a week sometimes more. Have problems with the internet
up here though. Working on getting DSL to solve problem. I access my old
e-mail from here. I do have a new e-mail address for up here it is
cpreston2 at tds.net. Don't know how long I will be here I am looking for a new
home location away from the Atlanta GA area, maybe something close to where
I am now but definitely away from Atlanta. Just wanted to let you and all
the rest of the tribe know a little of what has changed. Will be in touch.

> Peace, Love, & Blessings to all ~~Charles~~
>

> > From: "richard haase" <hotprojects at nyc.rr.com>
> > Date: 2005/07/02 Sat PM 09:25:59 EDT
> > To: <mb-hair at islandlists.com>
> > Subject: Re: [Mb-hair] Re: segregated is a state of mind
> >
> > thats why i grew my hair long too
> > but it fell out on top so i have to watch myself
> > i mean the shakespeare image is okay
> > but i have to watch myself or i can evoke bozo on the spot
> > if im not careful

represents
> [...]

brothers &
> > > sisters, and the drop outs. I know being a hippie is a state of mind,
> > > headset, and a free spirit. But it was groovy to grow that hair as a
> > symbol
> > > of THIS is what I represent mother fucker!!! My country, love it or
change
> > > it baby!! I'll split to Canada to shaft the draft but you won't make
me
> > > leave this country cuz I've got something to say and if I'm a royal
pain
> > in
> > > one's ass while I'm saying it, so be it. HAIR spoke to the people and
> > raised
> > > the awareness of our cause to countless theatre goers. My hair also
spoke
> > > volumes about where I was coming from.
> > > In the words of someone (whose name has eluded me at the moment),
"Laugh
> > > mister businessman; say my hair's too long. Say my clothes are dirty
and
> > my
> > > principles are wrong. Laugh mister businessman who screams for law &
order
> > > and keep right on laughing cuz I'm balling your daughter!"
> > > "Almost cut my hair; it happened just the other day. It was getting
kinda
> > > long. Guess you could say it was in my way. But I didn't and I wonder
why.
> > > Guess I feel like letting my freak flag fly and I feel like I owe it
> > > someone!" - CSNY
> > > And Katie you keep on keeping on sister; it'll all happen just the way
> > it's
> > > supposed to as long as you continue to do the legwork.
> > >
> > > PEACE,
> > > Leo
> > >

> > > From: "Sibley Smith" <sjsmith at njvvmf.org>
> > > Subject: [Mb-hair] segregated is a state of mind
> > >

> > >   ...................................Here's a take of mine on male's
long
> > > hair as a political symbol:  As Jimi Hendrix sang, "Let my Freak Flag
> > fly,"
> > > and as hippies were also known to themselves as "Freaks," I saw my
long
> > hair
> > > as being (yes, among other things, too) a symbol that I was a friend
of
> > the
> > > African American.  Blacks (as were any minority) were treated as if
they
> > > were freaks by America's established white society.  My long hair
meant
> > > me, anyway) that I was voluntarily being a freak to The Establishment.
> > > was throwing my lot in with blacks, hispanics, bearded ladies, giants,
> > > "little people," yeah, folks usually only relegated to the circus side
> > show,
> > > much in the way I see that Claude threw his lot in with the Draftee
GIs