[Mb-hair] segregated is a state of mind

RJ Mac nycrjmac at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 1 18:53:55 PDT 2005

Well...  it's less than two cents worth because my
coments are free, but if I'm understanding it right,
the potential performers are only being approached to
participate in a production.

According the how I'm reading the post, the
apprehension that changes might be wanted is ahead of
actually meeting the people.  I'd think about that
apprehension and exploit it fully into every corner of
your production.  Whatever you think you're afraid of,
or what you think someone else might be afraid of: put
it in the spotlight.  See what happens.  That's one of
the things the show does so well.

As far as should material be adjusted to fit the
discomfort of the performers, sometimes this can be
done in original work or with the cooperation of the
original authors; but Tams-Whitmark/Sam
French/Dramatists etc. all specifically state policy
on changes of scripts in their production agreements.
So, you're legally obligated to the
emanci-mother-fukkin-pater of the Script.

rj