[Mb-hair] LPNET: A Prayer Wrapped In Blue Smoke

harvey at haveyouthought.com harvey at haveyouthought.com
Wed Feb 16 12:03:41 PST 2005

>From the new book ~HAVE YOU THOUGHT of LEONARD PELTIER LATELY?~

(This is the only poem in the book, but it's a gem./Harvey)

For Leonard Peltier, for Anna May Aquash and family, for those who did the
deed, for those chosen to bear the cost and for all those yet to come, who
will be innocent next.

A Prayer Wrapped In Blue Smoke
by Keith Rabin
© February 2004 Morrison, Colorado

With a deep wanting I pray for peace;
With a wanting for peace I pray for freedom;
I pray for those lives, on all those blue smoke trails......
Those blue smoke trails, from all those sweetgrass prayers.....
All those sweetgrass prayers, all those tears;
The Rez, the land, the stolen lands and all those tears;
All those tears, all those deaths, and the blue smoke trails on.....
With a wanting for peace I pray;
With a deep wanting for freedom I pray;
I pray for all our lives, all lives within the circle......
I am a keeper of the earth, I keep the tree alive;
Blue smoke wraps my soul, wraps your soul as I pray;
I pray for those who can't pray, I pray for those that won't pray...
With a deep wanting, with a wanting we should all pray......

For Leonard Peltier's strength, and freedom,
For all who will take the time now to pray...
For the truth of Anna Mae
For the children as always....

In Peace....

Copies of  ~HAVE YOU THOUGHT of LEONARD PELTIER LATELY?~
are available at www.haveyouthought.com

also copies of PRISON WRITINGS: MY LIFE IS MY SUN DANCE
and NOBLE RED MAN: LAKOTA WISDOMKEEPER MATHEW KING.

            ~HAVE YOU THOUGHT of LEONARD PELTIER LATELY?~
                  A Living Memoir with Artifacts
     by Harvey Arden, Edited & Compiled by George Bowe Blitch
           with companion website www.haveyouthought.com

    & 8 full-color pages of recent paintings by Leonard Peltier

                with Special Contributions by
                        Leonard Peltier
                        George Blitch
                        Barry Bachrach
                        Standing Deer
                        Arthur J. Miller
                        Lawrence Sampson
                        Carter Camp
                        Stephanie M. Schwartz
                        Keith Rabin

   Please Order copies NOW for yourself & your friends at:

   www.haveyouthought.com

   or send a check for $23+$5=$28 per copy ($5 s/h on one copy; $2 s/h each
   add'l copy) made out to 'Have You Thought' & mail to:

   Have You Thought
   1410 Blalock Road, #420
   Houston, TX 77055

   Booksellers, Libraries,  Stores, Distributors, Pow-Wow Vendors,
   Prof'l Book Reviewers please contact george at haveyouthought.com

For those who may have an interest, there's a new interview with author
Harvey Arden about the Wisdomkeepers, Leonard Peltier, Australian
Aboriginals  & the state of the world...now archived at:
http://www.prophecykeepers.com/arden.html
To be removed from this list, reply with REMOVE on subject line. Thanks.
AND PLEASE VISIT LEONARD'S OWN WEBSITE: www.leonardpeltier.org.
JOIN THE STRUGGLE FOR LEONARD'S FREEDOM!
BECOME PART OF THE HISTORY OF YOUR OWN TIMES!!
To join LPNET for occasional messages from Harvey Arden, please reply with
YES I'LL JOIN LPNET on subject line.  Many thanks, /Harvey