[Mb-hair] Re: Planet Love Note from WMH

Sean Courtney dauber at banana-and-louie.org
Thu Dec 22 04:23:08 PST 2005

On 12/20/2005, Michael Harris wrote:

> Of course I wanted my re-tooled employment to involve the arts, my
> first love.  No sooner had I come to these realizations that I secured
> the perfect job as executive director for The Power of Hope.
>
> www.powerofhope.org

Great news, Michael! Best of luck with that!

> Two days ago I came to the Catskill Mountains of upstate New York to be
> with my family for Christmas.  My dad is gravely ill at this time, and
> it feels good to be able to spend what may be his last days with him.
>  He's an actor 84 years young.  While I was in HAIR at the Biltmore in
> 1968 he was in "The Great White Hope" a few blocks away.  It was an
> exciting time for us, having achieved our family's dream of making it
> on Broadway.

WMH, just want you to know that your father is in my prayers for a recovery,
or if it's his time now, that he spends his last days in peace and comfort.
It was rather a bittersweet day when I saw your post because just moments
before I read your post, I found out that hell froze over and my father had been smoke-free for
six days after a fifty-year habit!

You may recall I had the pleasure of meeting your father once, and just like
you and your brother and sister, a real class act. You have a wonderful
family, and I'm glad I got to meet several members of your family.

Thanks for sharing your news with us, and may you and all the rest of the
tribe, both cyber- and stage, simply have a wonderful Christmastime (to
borrow from a really bad song from a really great performer!).

dauber at banana-and-louie.org
 * ICQ: 28677921 * YIM: dau_ber * AIM: ddaauubbeerr
blog: http://scattered-frog.blogspot.com