[Mb-hair] Planet Love Note from WMH

James Pappaconstantine georgeberger69 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 19 20:47:29 PST 2005

WMH... Sorry to hear about your Dad.. I lost mine when I was 18 and it was really hard on me, but I think mostly because I never had the chance to say goodbye, or to let him know how much he meant to me. On the other hand when my grandmother, (His Mother) started to fade.. and moved to Florida to be with her other son, I had the chance to take her out for Ice Cream with my kids, who were toddlers at the time, and then we went to the Cematary to put flowers on my Dad's tombstone. She said, those were the two things that she wanted to do before she left for Florida.. Anyway,, While sitting on a park bench, mere feet from my fathers stone, and as my kids played along the long feilds of yet to be occupied earth. I somehow knew.. that this was the last time that I would see her alive.. and I told her that.. I said, Yiya, I don't think I will see you again, and I just want you to know, that I love you with all of my heart, and when you get whereever this journey takes you, If you s
 ee my
 father please tell him I love him as well. She nodded and we went on speaking of older times.. She left for FLorida the following day and maybe 3 months later she slipped into a coma....(That is a story in itself) But when they shipped her body up here to be burried, I didn't cry at the funeral.. (actally I think I cried a little for my Uncle who was heart torn.) but for me.. I said, my Goodbyes and my heart was at ease. Use this time you have with your Dad.. Cherish the good times, forget the bad. This time.. will heal everthing and put everything in perspective.

  My Grandmother's Coma...

  My Grandmother was feeling ill and my uncle had her rushed to the hospital, which was aprox 20 minutes from his home.. Once there she slipped into a coma.. My uncle stayed by her side night after night.. waiting for her to come back.. One evening the Doctor told him to go home, that there was nothing he could do at this point and that if there was any change in her condition that he would call him and let him know.. Just about as soon as my uncle got home, the phone rang.. the doctor said. "You mother is awake and asking for you." He rushed back to the hospital.. My grandmother who was a large Greek woman.. (Not large as in fat, but as in Strong like bull.) was up and asking for some eggs. My uncle came into the room and she was sitting up and started to tell him, that she wanted him to know that she had two wonderful boys and that she had 6 wonderful grandchildren and two great grand kids... He told her, he knew that, and she just said, I just want you to know.. He (my unc
 le)
 asked the doctor when he could take her home and the doctor said, her test are all fine, she is as fit as ever.. that all they had to do was to clean her up and by days end, if she was the same she was free to go.. My uncle left the room for a moment as one of the nurses went in to clean her up.. they rolled my grandmother over on her side and she died.. just like that.. It was almost as though... she came back, just long enough to tell my uncle what she had to say and then continued her journey..

  At anyrate... I hope that your Father will recover from whatever it is that is knocking him down. But regaurdless enjoy the time you have with him.. Life is way too short not too, and memories and stories can somehow get lost on our lifes paths.. take some of those back.. revisit the stories.. There is nothing more warming in your hour of need, then to think back to a happier time and laugh..

  Good luck to you Michael.. Congrats on your new path, sounds like you are really going to enjoy your work.. and Once again.. The job you did at the Reunion was all A's.. It was a true pleasure meeting you... Stay warm..

  Peace, Love, and Health.. JIMMY P.

Michael Harris <wmichaelharris at earthlink.net> wrote:
  Dear Tribes,

A quick note to wish you health, happiness and righteous headspace this holiday season. I haven't posted much to this list of late - but wanted to send a seasonal message of peace and harmony to you all.

The Reunion and Be-In this past September inspiried me (turn on) to think carefully about how I want to spend my days (tune in), quit my job (drop out) and find a new one that fit my renewed sense of mission and purpose. After the Reunion, everything for me pointed towards inspiring youth for social change. For this I credit all of you, my fellow tribe members, and the vibe we sent into the Universe with our singing. I believe our final chorus of "The Flesh Failures" fine-tuned the earth on its axis, fixed a hole in the ozone, aligned Jupiter with Mars.

Of course I wanted my re-tooled employment to involve the arts, my first love. No sooner had I come to these realizations that I secured the perfect job as executive director for The Power of Hope.

www.powerofhope.org

Sounds religious, but it's not. It's universal, and all about empowering youth for social change. It's really cool, a perfect fit. Everything I've done in the past has prepared me for this job including and especially HAIR.

Two days ago I came to the Catskill Mountains of upstate New York to be with my family for Christmas. My dad is gravely ill at this time, and it feels good to be able to spend what may be his last days with him. He's an actor 84 years young. While I was in HAIR at the Biltmore in 1968 he was in "The Great White Hope" a few blocks away. It was an exciting time for us, having achieved our family's dream of making it on Broadway.

These are "screen grabs" of my dad from a quirky movie database that honors little known actors:

http://www.aveleyman.com/ActorsH/P00040494.HTML

http://www.aveleyman.com/ActorsH/P00030494.HTML

The first is him as "Officer Mooney" from SUPERMAN; in the second he's a bartender in SEE NO EVIL, HEAR NO EVIL. Dad played dozens of supporting roles in movies - one of the many ways he and Mom, as theater artists, raised six kids. He enjoyed an illustrious career as a stage actor and bandleader over seven decades.

It was a great honor to be asked to emcee your Reunion and Be-In this year, and a great joy to meet so many of you in person for the first time. Let's do it again soon and strive to remain connected. Being with my dad now reminds me we are only here "on this dirt" a short time, and life's too short to hold grudges.

In sympathy and trust abounding, have a Merry Prankster Christmas and a Hopi New Year!

WMH

http://mail.yahoo.com