[Mb-hair] On Robertson on Chavez

Reeeees at aol.com Reeeees at aol.com
Wed Aug 24 10:42:14 PDT 2005

FYI, Frank weighed in  --

Dear LA Times,

As a Christian Pastor and citizen of the U.S. I was  appalled by the comments
of Rev. Pat Robertson about assassinating the  President of Venezuela. Hugo
Chavez has been democratically elected as  President of his country. That a
person with the influence of Pat Robertson  would use his platform to propose
that the strongest nation on earth  assassinate a political leader whose only
offense is to criticize the United  States and govern in a way that our
government disagrees, with represents a  complete lack of responsibility and ethical
maturity. It is sad that a person  recognized by such a wide audience to
represent Christianity would so  denigrate the reputation of the followers of the
Prince of Peace.

Sincerely,

Rev. Dr. Frank M. Alton, Pastor Immanuel Presbyterian Church, Los  Angeles

Linda Rees
Community Ministries  Associate
Immanuel Presbyterian Church
3300 Wilshire Blvd.