[Mb-hair] Re: HAiR in Africa

John Zuehlke jpzuehlke at prodigy.net
Sun Apr 24 05:55:03 PDT 2005

Hello David, and a warm welcome to the list.

Best wishes for success for your proposed HAiR production in Tanzania! Sounds wonderful!

In reading your posts, I had a few questions:

1. Is your production going to be performed in English, Swahili, some combination of the two, etc? If you do a Swahili language show, I hope that you can get a license to make an audio recording of it.

2. When you said that "no other African performances have been documented outside of SA", am I correct in assuming that you are referring to South Africa?

3. You wrote: "the cast and crew ... will be mostly Expats living here." Where is your group from originally? What motivated your moving to Tanzania?

You also wrote: "We had a meeting tonight to watch the DVD and listen to some of the Australian Cast Recording." I hope that the movie version does not lead your company astray. Quite a few of us, myself included, find the movie version to be quite inferior to the stage version.

Once again, here's wishing you the best of luck in your endeavor. Hope you keep us posted regarding your progress.

Blessed be with peace, love, freedom, and joy!

John