[Mb-hair] My 2 cents

Michael Arian michaeldavidarian at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 14 16:06:37 PDT 2005

Just an FYI-Hair in Germany in 1971-there was no reference point in Germany at that time
for all the racial references in Colored Spade.From what I had translated to me,mostly
the song was about American Indians and Africans.With a timely mention of an African
dictator who was rumored to be a cannibal.There was a popular Indian character named
Winnietoo who got several mentions thruout the show but I can only remember the one when
Margaret Meade asked about our Heroes.As for changing male for female casting-I was
offered to go into the dress in the ill-fated Roman production and in Spain I sang Black
Boys a number of times and not in a dress.XOX M

Michael David Arian
michaeldavidarian at yahoo.com
"If you can't say something nice about someone, sit by me."