[Mb-hair] HAiR In Bridgeport

Andrews/Blaxill songsters at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 11 15:34:50 PDT 2005

Hello Tribe,

Wanted to exclaim about Saturday in Bridgeport -  the show was really
good - hadn't seen it since i did it - '70 - '71, but seeing it with
people i did it with & MB was equally the big buzz for me!!

  We're watching the show & Robert  whispers "hey, remember how dirty
the stage was by the second act? "  Oh, and the whole tribe was
onstage for the flag song & I'm like " I don't remember that - wasn't
it only Woof, Berger & third guy?"  -  it was great!  I got the same
adrenaline high seeing it as i got from doing it.

Great to meet Nina & her family, and see Bill S, Robert , Charles P &
MB of course - wow!
  And the nude scene - I was wondering - was it always that dark when
we did it?  it felt much brighter onstage to me than what I saw on
Saturday - gee, I would have been a little less self- conscious if I
knew it was that dark!  Also, I can't tell if 30 years later it's
just not that big a deal or .. it always felt like a big deal when we
did it & the audience responded with this incredible intense
stillness,  like they didn't  even move till way after the singing
was done and we were gone - which I didn't sense seeing it Saturday.
It's probably just the passage of time, alot of nakedness over the
dam...

Anyway, funny note - I had never seen a naked man until I did the
nude scene ( swear to God,  I'm not lying - Catholic school, dad was
a cop., barely 16.....)  pretty funny?

Someone mentioned Stanley Ramsey - he was my first HUD !!- we were
cast in Detroit - I loved that guy & miss him.
HAiR without nude scene like non - alcoholic champagne? too funny...

Bill, Robert, Nina - maybe MB  and more tribe - we're doing it again!!

Peace & Love to you all,
Debbie Andrews