[Mb-hair] A New Age of Aquarius

NewChaz64 at aol.com NewChaz64 at aol.com
Thu Nov 4 12:22:34 PST 2004

Michael Butler flew to St. Louis in August 2001 to see New Line Theatre's
production of HAIR, and he told me that he saw a new 60s youth movement rising
up, that it would transform America, that the HAIR tribes would be at the
forefront. I think we just saw the beginning of that, this summer. Even though Bush
won, we have to remember that more people voted against him than in any other
election in US history, and that fully 80% of our total population did NOT
vote for him -- and 80% also did not vote for Kerry.

Yes, there were setbacks in the election results, but the same was true of
the Civil Rights movement in the 60s (during which members of Congress often
denounced "activist judges" who were forcing the schools to desegregate -- sound
familiar?). When you look at how politics changed this cycle, when you see the
record turnout, there's only one conclusion that can be drawn. We are at the
beginning of something big. Howard Dean and a lot of other people see it
coming, just like Michael Butler does.

We can't get discouraged. We have to get more and more engaged until America
is all it should be. We needed to get people riled up, and four more years of
Bush is gonna do just that. I think Michael Butler is right -- a new American
activism has been born, and so were a bunch of new American activists. That's
pretty exciting...

Scott