[Mb-hair] Important vote on gay marriage

Walter Michael Harris wmichaelharris at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 12 21:21:02 PDT 2004

Forgive me for posting this to the list - but we really need everyone to
respond immediately:

Subject: Please help right away -- we've got to stick together

Dear friend,

Congress is about to vote on amending the U.S. Constitution to deny
marriage equality to same-sex couples.

Never before has our Constitution been amended to take away anyone's
rights. Yet our Senators will vote on this amendment in the next 48 hours.

It's urgent that we speak up now. This hateful divisiveness has no place
in America. Please join me in saying so, at:

http://www.moveon.org/unitednotdivided/

Equality in marriage is the civil rights issue of our generation. We
can't let anyone, or any group, be singled out for discrimination based
on who they are or who they love.

Thank you.

WMH