[Mb-hair] Re: Gas Prices

SharmagneS at aol.com SharmagneS at aol.com
Thu Dec 23 10:48:16 PST 2004

In a message dated 12/23/04 04:25:17 AM, venuetheatre at juno.com writes:

> Want to laugh, St Petersburg is SO strange.
> On the West side of town where I live, gas is about $1.86 per gallon for
> regular.
> On the East side of town where I work, gas is $1.72 per gallon.
>
> So I drove up to my office today, although I was off, just so I could
> save .15 per gallon.
> Hey, filled the tank for $12!
>
> Go figure.
>
> Corinne

I just drove in from Washington roughly a 1000 mile drive door to door.
When I gassed up at Safeway ( before I discovered I need to BOYCOTT them) (red
list)   gas was $1.83.   Next time I gassed up was near Tacoma   Gas was
$1.73.. I was in heaven.. Wished I had thought to bring a gas can!   Oregon was over
$2.00 but someone fills up for you so you can stay in the car.   I was
listening to the audio tapes of The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown read by David
MNichael and became so ingrossed in them I forgot to watch the gas gauge.. I wound up
around midnight in dense fog upstate california with the gas light blinking
and a sign telling me that the next gas station was 24 miles away.. I couldn't
rememebr having seen one for miles in the direction i had passed.   and I had
to pee!!LOL!   I wound up driving in 3rd for a stretch and then going into
neutral and coasting whenever I could.   Luckily it was pea soup fog so no one
minded that I was at times going 35 or less on a freeway!   I finally limped
into a Chevron station and the ags for regular was $2.35.   I was incensed!!   I
won't even repeat what I said to the attendant!!   <smile>   And of course i
had no idea how far to the next station so I couldn't just buy enough to get
there..   Last time I did that on the way to the Rez the gas was higher at all
the next stations!