[Mb-hair] Re: A Message from Michael Butler

Barbara Siomos barbarasiomos38 at webtv.net
Tue Aug 17 14:46:57 PDT 2004

Seems like YOU were on a gracious receiving end of Rado and McD. and
perhaps would feel differently if you were not. Also for them to treat
Michael as they did after he put so much into it is disrespectful to him
financially and emotionally, he deserves better. It is not just that McD
did not show up he could have at least offered a reason, the whole deal
as it went down is just not honoring a man who has put so much of his
life into that show, as I said before disrespectful to a kind human
being.

I have nothing against Mr. Rado or Mr. McD and they deserve to move on
with other projects if they so chose, but they could have been kinder
and showed some of the love they expect us to feel from the show...how
is that possible now?

I agree with WMH it is time for Michael B. to move on but that is not
easy for anyone after putting years and loads of money into a project.

peace,
barbara
>From: "myelvis4u at flash.net"
><myelvis4u at flash.net>
>To: mb-hair at islandlists.com
>Subject: RE: [Mb-hair] Re: A Message from
>Michael Butler
>Date: Tue, Aug 17, 2004, 3:58pm
Hello Walter,

  that was very lovely and well put.
  I agree and feel with you for Michael B.
  We should, however, not judge too soon, and in reply to Barbara's
later message -
not become vicious.
What she wrote is a bit harsh.

  Although I don't know the reasons behind Rado's decision, and it
is not up to me to agree or disagree with it -
he is still one of the authors who made all this possible. I'm sure
money is not his main motive.
  And as to Galt, he's moved on to other projects, is still creating
new music
and HAIR is just one part of his very full life. Who knows why he
couldn't be at the auditions. Ask him!
He certainly came to Vienna for the opening of HAIR there, and so did
Rado. I met them there.
They were both still very much connected to the
musical and its message.  Dagmar