[Mb-civic] - Iranian / Persian Women Portrayed As Whores And Apes... -

Bahram Maskanian ethics_in_action at venusproject.com
Mon Mar 27 08:37:59 PST 2006

    Iranian / Persian Women Portrayed As Whores,
    Apes / Monkeys, On An American National
    Television Network, FOX Television

http://www.venusproject.com/ethics_in_action/Persian_Women_Portrayed.html

- By Bahram Maskanian - Sunday March 26, 2006

A few months ago I had a talk with an American friend who had seen a
supposed comedy show aired on Saturday nights on FOX television, called
MAD TV. He asked me if I had seen the show and particularly that show,
that weekend? Since I am not a big fan of TV and particularly FOX or its
affiliates, my answer was no. He told me about this shocking and highly
insulting sketch / act they do on MAD TV called the - - Persian Tow
Truck Driver - -. - Michael McDonald -, plays the role of the Persian
Tow Truck Driver; he is a chain smoker, has a thick reddish-brown
mustache in the show talking to - Ike Barinholtz -, the other actor to
whom he shows a picture of an - orangutan - as his Persian wife.

As we all know, Orangutans are large apes / monkeys, who live in South
East Asia on the islands of Borneo and Sumatra. These apes / monkeys
mostly live on treetops. They are arboreal and swing from branch to
branch using their arms. Orangutans have a large, bulky body, covered
with long reddish-brown hair, a thick neck, very long, strong arms,
short, bowed legs, and no tail. Orangutans are about 2/3 the size of the
gorilla. - - Just to give an idea of what an Iranian / Persian women are
portrayed as by FOX television and MAD TV show writers, producers,
directors, sponsors, etc. - -

So I decided to watch the show and see for myself. Whenever I had a
chance I did tune in and watched MAD TV show. What a waist of time that
was. But finally on Saturday March 25, 2006, 11.p.m New York Eastern
Standard Time, I did see it for myself, what the - - Persian Tow Truck
Driver - - was all about. - Michael McDonald - played the role of the -
- Persian Tow Truck Driver - -; wearing a thick reddish-brown mustache
standing next to - Ike Barinholtz - the other actor in the hospital
behind the window of nursery wards looking in at the newborn babies.

Through the course of the sketch - Michael McDonald - the - - Persian
Tow Truck Driver - -, is talking to - Ike Barinholtz -, while smoking
cigarettes. He establishes as facts that all through his life he had sex
with his Persian wife only twice (2), but he has fifteen (15) children.
As camera pans into the nursery - Michael McDonald - the - - Persian Tow
Truck Driver - -, points out a little monkey in the nursery to - Ike
Barinholtz -, as his newly born daughter who looks just like her mother.
A few seconds later the little monkey is brought out of the nursery and
handed over to - Michael McDonald - the - - Persian Tow Truck Driver -
-. The little monkey crawled out of the white towel it was wrapped in
and began running over the shoulders of the two men. Much and many other
highly insulting rhetoric designed deliberately to dehumanize a nation
was used in that few troubling and painful minutes.

* * * * * * * * * * *

Since 1978, I have been living in the US I have had many unpleasant
racist experiences to say the least, but no one ever portrayed Iranian /
Persian women on American National television, many times over as apes /
monkeys. As if the barbaric Islam dehumanizing Persian / Iranian women
was not enough to deal with, but now our mothers, sisters, wives and
daughters are been portrayed as whores and apes / monkeys, that makes us
the Persian / Iranian men sons of whores and apes / monkeys.

Iranians / Persians who have given birth to civilization with a longest
and the richest history on Earth, extending to twelve (12,000) thousands
years and eight (8,000) thousands years of written history of
philosophy, sciences, mathematics, astronomy, madison, chemistry,
languages, poetry and more are now reduced to whores and apes / monkeys.
- - Shame on all of us, Iranians / Persians, to allow this to be and
happen - -.

* * * * * * * * * * *

- Michael McDonald - is currently in his eight season as a MADtv cast
member. This season, Michael will not only appear in front of the
camera, but behind as well. He is scheduled to direct a few episodes of
MADtv. Also look for Michael in a re-curring role on "7th Heaven." He
will play Hailie Duff's alcoholic Father.

- Ike Barinholtz - is a native of Chicago. He is an alumnus of
ImprovOlympic, Second City and the Annoyance Theater. He also spent two
years in Amsterdam with the famed comedy troupe "Boom Chicago."

About MAD TV

MADtv is a late night sketch comedy television show. MADtv premiered in
1995 and, over the years, has become famous for its sharp parodies of
film, television and music.

MADtv has featured hundreds of guest stars and musical acts including:
Susan Sarandon, Kathy Bates, Jack Black, Dennis Hopper, David Alan
Grier, Halle Berry, George Carlin, Seth Green, Martin Short, Jackie
Chan, Snoop Dogg, No Doubt, LL Cool J, Queen Latifah, Drew Barrymore,
Jon Heder, Ludacris, Nicole Richie, Alanis Morrisette, Avril Lavigne,
Nelly, Ryan Reynolds, Don Cheadle, Outkast and Green Day -- to name only
a few.

During its 10 seasons, MADtv has created a variety of original
characters including: Ms. Swan, Stuart, Lorraine, Dot, Trina, UBS Guy
and Bunifa, among several others.

MADtv's cast has evolved and changed since its first season. It has
featured over 30 full-time cast members, many of whom have gone on to
star in film, television and radio. Current full-time cast members
include: Bobby Lee, Arden Myrin, Daniele Gaither, Frank Caliendo, Ike
Barinholtz, Jordan Peele, Keegan-Michael Key, Michael McDonald, Nicole
Parker and Stephnie Weir.

MADtv has been nominated for a number of awards over the past 10 seasons
and has won Emmys for the accomplishments of both its Hair and Wardrobe
departments.

Currently, MADtv airs Saturday nights on FOX. It can also been seen six
days a week on Comedy Central.

Mad TV - info at madtv.com <mailto:info at madtv.com>

http://www.madtv.com/

    Are you on - Circles Of Unity And Engagement - Ethics In Action
    Community <http://www.venusproject.com/ethics_in_action/> - mailing
    list by mistake? If yes, just say so. - You will be removed
    immediately.

    - Please Unsubscribe Me -
    <mailto:ethics_in_action at venusproject.com?Subject=Please%20Unsubscribe%20Me%20From%20%0A-%20Ethics%20In%20Action%20-%20Mailing%20List&Body=I%20no%20longer%20wish%20to%20receive%20mail%20from%20%0A-%20Ethics%20In%20Action%20->