[Mb-civic] Should George Bush Be Impeached for the Iraq War

Michael Butler michael at intrafi.com
Fri Jan 6 08:43:20 PST 2006

Forwarded by Michael Butler <michael at intrafi.com>

I just sent a personal message to all my representatives in Congress, I hope you will join me!

http://www.democrats.com/peoplesemailnetwork/65

Should George Bush Be Impeached for the Iraq War

(1) In July 2002, Bush deliberately diverted $700 million from the authorized war in Afghanistan to provoke an unauthorized war in Iraq, including a criminal bombing campaign. (2) On March 18, 2003, Bush deliberately lied to Congress when he claimed in writing that continued U.N. inspections would endanger the national security of the U.S. and undermine enforcement of U.N. Resolutions, and that Iraq planned or aided the attacks of September 11, 2001. (3) By invading Iraq without any threat or just cause, Bush launched a War of Aggression in violation of U.S. obligations under the U.N. Charter. (4) In the conduct of the War, Bush violated the Geneva conventions by failing to protect civilians (including journalists) and by authorizing torture of prisoners, which also violated the War Crimes Act of 1996. George Bush, Dick Cheney, and every top official involved in these policies must be impeached and removed from office.

http://www.democrats.com/peoplesemailnetwork/65

Thank you