[Mb-civic] Fw: Saving Our Democracy: January 21 "so that links will work"

Barbara Siomos barbarasiomos38 at msn.com
Tue Jan 3 11:59:34 PST 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: The Nation Magazine
Sent: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 11:19:12 -0800
To: barbarasiomos38 at msn.com
Subject: Saving Our Democracy: January 21

Dear EmailNation Subscriber,

We wanted to make sure that all of our New York-based subscribers were
alerted to a very special event, co-sponsored by The Nation. And if
you can't make it in person, please watch this space for info on
webcasts and rest assured that we're working on an online calendar
which will track progressive events nationwide.

Saving Our Democracy: Saturday, January 21, NYC The Great Hall, Cooper
Union, Manhattan, 9:00 AM ? 5:30 PM
http://lists.thenation.com/t?ctl=1327:56B75

Join Nation editor and publisher Katrina vanden Heuvel and Nation
writers William Greider, John Nichols and David Cole as well as Mark
Green, Sean Wilentz, Dan Cantor, Bertha Lewis, David Brock, Ralph Neas
and many others in a series of discussions about the ways our
democratic processes have deteriorated over the last thirty years, how
the Bush Administration has greatly accelerated the trend, and what we
can do about it.

Tickets for the full-day are only $15!

Click below for info and tickets or call 877-725-8849.
http://lists.thenation.com/t?ctl=1327:56B75

Co-sponsored by The Nation, Demos and the People for the American Way
Foundation.

Finally, please visit http://lists.thenation.com/t?ctl=1328:56B75 to post comments to
Nation blogs, to view news-wire links updated twice each day, to see
when Nation writers are appearing on TV, for info on nationwide
activist campaigns, Nation History offerings, exclusive online
reports, and special weekly selections from The Nation magazine!

Best Regards, Peter Rothberg, The Nation

P.S. This email may look a little different from what you're used to
seeing from us. We've switched servers to improve the way we send
EmailNation out, and to give us better information on how the list is
used and how we can improve it. If your email program supports it,
we'll now be encoding our messages so the links will be clickable and
the look will be more up-to-date. --

You shouldn't be on this list if you didn't sign up. If you want to stop receiving this newsletter, replying to this e-mail will not work. To unsubscribe, go to

http://lists.thenation.com/bin/listunsub?id=D4D3598B2D78C8B15B756AAA8FB68067