[Mb-civic] Saving our Democracy from "The Nation"

Barbara Siomos barbarasiomos38 at msn.com
Tue Jan 3 11:53:13 PST 2006

Dear EmailNation Subscriber,

We wanted to make sure that all of our New York-based subscribers were alerted to a very special event, co-sponsored by The Nation. And if you can't make it in person, please watch this space for info on webcasts and rest assured that we're working on an online calendar which will track progressive events nationwide.

Saving Our Democracy: Saturday, January 21, NYC
The Great Hall, Cooper Union, Manhattan, 9:00 AM ? 5:30 PM

Join Nation editor and publisher Katrina vanden Heuvel and Nation writers William Greider, John Nichols and David Cole as well as Mark Green, Sean Wilentz, Dan Cantor, Bertha Lewis, David Brock, Ralph Neas and many others in a series of discussions about the ways our democratic processes have deteriorated over the last thirty years, how the Bush Administration has greatly accelerated the trend, and what we can do about it.

Tickets for the full-day are only $15!

Click here for info and tickets or call 877-725-8849.

Co-sponsored by The Nation, Demos and the People for the American Way Foundation.

Finally, please visit The Nation online to post comments to Nation blogs, to view news-wire links updated twice each day, to see when Nation writers are appearing on TV, for info on nationwide activist campaigns, Nation History offerings, exclusive online reports, and special weekly selections from The Nation magazine!

Happy Holidays,
Peter Rothberg,
The Nation