[Mb-civic] From Corinne Broskette

Nina Dayton dayton3 at rcn.com
Tue Feb 21 06:17:46 PST 2006

-------- Original Message --------
Date: 	Mon, 20 Feb 2006 23:32:35 -0500
From: 	venuetheatre at juno.com
To: 	dayton3 at rcn.com

tried to send this to the page, can you post it for me?
Corinne

The United States port is part of the United States of America.  Any
sale that makes it part of a foreign nation is treason, espionage,
rebellion, sabotage, illegal, sedition, immoral, dishonorable, and a
betrayal of the United States of America.

----------- 911 Times Six --------

Quote: "We've got to protect ourselves by doing smart things in
America," - George Bush

------- "Smart" for Who? -----

Quote: "WASHINGTON (Feb. 19) - A company at the Port of Miami has sued
to block the takeover of shipping operations there by a state-owned
business in the United Arab Emirates. It is the first American courtroom
effort to capsize a $6.8 billion sale already embroiled in a national
debate over security risks at six major US ports affected by the deal.
The Port of Miami is among the nation's busiest. It is a hub for the
nation's cruise ships, which carry more than 6 million passengers a
year, and the seaport services more than 30 ocean carriers, which
delivered more than 1 million cargo containers there last year. The
sale, already approved by the Bush administration, has drawn escalating
criticism by lawmakers in Washington who maintain the United Arab
Emirates is not consistent in its support of US terrorism-fighting
efforts. The Bush administration in recent days has defended its
approval of the sale, and has resisted demands by Congress to
reconsider. "We've got to protect ourselves by doing smart things in
America," Bush said. State Department spokesman Sean McCormack described
the United Arab Emirates on Friday as a "long-standing friend and ally"
and said the United States and UAE had a good relationship." end of quote

Bu$h seems to have forgotten that a few 'close friends and allies' of
the Bu$h family - the bin Laden Family - financed from within the UAE -
flew a few airplanes into some buildings. And now Bu$h authorizes
strategic US ocean port operations to be sold by Tony Blair's 'close
friends and allies' to the same people. Amazing.

So the Bush Administration has turned over the operations of six
critical US marine ports - the New York City Passenger Ship Terminal in
Manhattan, Port Authority terminals in Newark, New Jersey, and marine
cargo terminals in four other major port cities: Philadelphia,
Baltimore, Miami and New Orleans,

Bu$h has handed them to DP World (
<http://messageboards.aol.com/aol/en_us/%3Ca%20href=>http://www.dpiterminals.com/)
a company owned by the United Arab Emirates. DP World was formed by the
merger of Dubai Ports Authority ("DPA") and DPI Terminals ("DPI") in
September 2005. DP World is a leading port operator with operations in
Asia, Australia, Europe, Latin America, and the Middle East. The company
already has 22 container terminals in 15 countries. Countries include:
Dominican Republic, Venezuela, Germany, Romania, Morocco, Saudi Arabia,
Djibouti, U.A.E., India, China, Malaysia, South Korea and Australia.

The deal to sell the US port operations to DP World was approved earlier
this week by the Bush Administration and a secretive US Government
interagency panel known as the Committee on Foreign Investment in the
United States (CFIUS). The Bush Administration approval was given
despite the UAE's history as an operational and financial base for the
hijackers who carried out the 911 attacks against New York and Washington.

Before we go further - Let me ask you a question - Would Israel sell
operation of the Port of Haifa to DP World? Owned by the United Arab
Emirates? Go on - Ask yourself -

The six US port facilities were already operated by Tony Blair's 'close
friends and allies' - The Peninsular and Oriental Steam Navigation
Company ("P&O") in London, England. P&O has a presence in 19 countries
across world with 29 container terminals and logistics operations in
over 100 ports. (
<http://messageboards.aol.com/aol/en_us/%3Ca%20href=>http://portal.pohub.com/portal/page?_pageid=71,207172&_dad=pogprtl&_schema=POGPRTL)

The United Arab Emirates purchase of the London based - 25,000 employee
- P&O - handled by Deutsche Bank, Citigroup, N M Rothschild & Sons and
Morgan Stanley & Co - (
<http://messageboards.aol.com/aol/en_us/%3Ca%20href=>http://www.dpiterminals.com/fullnews.asp?NewsID=40Z)
will give the UAE control - in addition to the six critical US ports -
of marine operations in some 50 ports throughout Australia, New Zealand
and Papua, New Guinea - Port Kelang container terminal in Malaysia -
Southampton Container Terminals Ltd, England - Asian Terminals Inc,
South Harbour of Manila, Philippines -Tianjin Xingang Sinor Terminal Co.
Ltd, China - Shekou Container Terminal, southern China - Terminales Rio
de la Plata, Argentina - Vostochny International Container Terminal
Services, Russia - Freeport Terminal -Irian Jaya, Indonesia - Port Qasim
International Container Terminal, Pakistan - Maputo International Port
Services, Mozambique - Nhava Sheva International Container Terminal,
India - National Stevedores, South Africa - Antwerp Combined Terminals,
Belgium - Chennai Container Terminal, India - Container port at Qingdao
on the central coast of China - Terminal Petikemas, Surabaya - Centerm
container terminal, Vancouver, Canada - The Laem Chabang International
Terminal, Thailand - Le Havre, Fos and Marseilles Terminals, France -
Mundra Container Terminal, India - Yarimca Container Terminal, Turkey
and terminals in Hong Kong and Korea - with additional logistics
businesses in Hong Kong and China, according to Sultan Ahmed Bin
Sulayem, Executive Chairman at DP World.

Quote: "White House Defends Sale of Port Operations to Arab Firm"

"WASHINGTON (Feb. 17) - The Bush administration on Thursday rebuffed
criticism about potential security risks of a $6.8 billion sale that
gives a company in the United Arab Emirates control over significant
operations at six major American ocean ports. Lawmakers said the UAE was
an important transfer point for shipments of smuggled nuclear components
sent to Iran, North Korea and Libya by a Pakistani scientist, Abdul
Qadeer Khan. They also said the UAE is one of only three countries to
recognize the now-toppled Taliban as Afghanistan's legitimate
government." end of quote

The story gets worse -

At the same time - George Bush hired a senior United Arab Emirates
executive - from the same company - DP World - that's buying the six US
Ports - to be the US Government Maritime Administrator who runs the
entire US Port System - for the Bush administration.

Quote: " DP WORLD EXECUTIVE NOMINATED FOR PRESTIGIOUS US GOVT. POSITION

<http://messageboards.aol.com/aol/en_us/%3Ca%20href=>http://www.dpiterminals.com/fullnews.asp?NewsID=39

"Dubai, 24 January 2006: - Global ports operator DP World today welcomed
news that one of its senior executives, Dave Sanborn, has been nominated
by US President George W. Bush to serve as Maritime Administrator a key
transportation appointment reporting directly to Norman Mineta the
Secretary of Transportation and Cabinet Member. The White House has
issued a statement from Washington, DC announcing the nomination. The
confirmation process will begin in February. Mr. Sanborn currently holds
the position of Director of Operations for Europe and Latin America for
the Dubai-based company.

Mohammed Sharaf, CEO, DP World said: "While we are sorry to lose such an
experienced and capable executive, it is exactly those qualities that
will make Dave an effective administrator for MarAd.  We are proud of
Dave's selection and pleased that the Bush Administration found such a
capable executive. We wish him all the best in his new role."

Ted Bilkey, Chief Operating Officer, DP World said: "Dave's decades of
experience in markets around the world, together with his passion for
the industry and commitment to its development, will allow him to make a
positive contribution to the work of the Maritime Administration. We
wish him well for the future."

Mr. Sanborn, a graduate of The United States Merchant Maritime Academy,
joined DP World in 2005. He previously held senior roles with shipping
lines CMA-CGM (Americas), APL Ltd and Sea-Land and has been based,
besides the US, in Brazil, Europe, Hong Kong and Dubai during his
career.  He has also served in the US Naval Reserve. Mr. Sanborn is due
to take up his new role based in Washington DC later in 2006." end of quote

Are there - Any - US firms to operate the US ports? No - Because the
largest US port operator already sold out to Dubai Ports International.
Last year - And the Bu$h 'Committee on Foreign Investment in the United
States' (CFIUS) approved it.... The Sheeple never noticed....

Quote: "February 23, 2005
Dubai Ports International buys CSX World Terminals

<http://messageboards.aol.com/aol/en_us/%3Ca%20href=>http://www.bizjournals.com/jacksonville/stories/2005/02/21/daily19.html

Dubai Ports International has completed its acquisition of the
international terminal business of CSX Corp. Dubai Ports paid $1.14
billion for CSX World Terminals. The deal makes Dubai Ports one of the
six largest operators of terminals in the world and gives it a presence
in Asia for the first time.

In January CSX World Terminals acquired a majority of Asia Container
Terminals, which included one of the biggest container terminals in Hong
Kong. A month earlier CSX (NYSE:CSX) had announced plans to sell CSX
World Terminals to Dubai Ports International. CSX spokeswoman Misty
Skipper said the sale of World Terminals marks CSX's withdrawal from the
international terminal business, though the company still operates in
the terminal business domestically through CSX Intermodal." end of quote

Dr. Condoleezza Rice is President Bush's foreign policy tutor.

"There was nothing demonstrating or showing that something was coming in
the United States. If there had been something, we would have acted on
it." Condoleezza Rice - April 2004 - On preventing the September 11 attacks.

"We don't want the smoking gun to be a mushroom cloud." Condoleezza Rice
- September 2002 - On avoiding a nuclear attack.

"I would hope that our friends in Abu Dhabi would not be offended by the
fact that in our democracy, we debate these things," Rice said in the
interview with the Arab journalists on the US response to the sale of
the US ports to the United Arab Emirates.

How many times will the 'sold out' - Ph.D. stuffed - GOP - refuse to
'predict' - a clear and present - nation-fatal attack - organized -
again - by 'our friends in Abu Dhabi' ?

Apparently - Never - Now the Bu$h Administration contracts out strategic
US ocean port operations to 'our friends in Abu Dhabi' - the United Arab
Emirates - a key transfer agent for shipments of smuggled nuclear
components from Pakistan to Iran, North Korea and Libya - Especially
since the UAE now owns major shipping terminals in Venezuela, Germany,
Romania, Morocco, Saudi Arabia, Djibouti, U.A.E., India, China,
Malaysia, New Guinea, Malaysia, Philippines, Argentina, Indonesia,
Pakistan, Surabaya, Turkey, Hong Kong and Korea - all 'insecure allies'
of the USA - all run by Sultan Ahmed Bin Sulayem, Executive Chairman at
DP World.

And then the Bu$h Administration hires a United Arab Emirates senior
executive from DP World as GOP Maritime Administrator to run - All - US
marine ports...

Bu$h and Rice couldn't spot a nuke in their bath tub. Much less one
'embedded' in a United Arab Emirates container ship inbound from China
or India or Djibouti or Morocco or Pakistan or the UAE. But the US
Sheeple probably could... after it goes off.

Why is Bu$h absolutely determined to make New York, New Jersey,
Baltimore, New Orleans, Miami and Philadelphia the new 'Bikini Atolls'
for 'unscheduled' nuclear demonstrations?

Oddly - The Port of Houston, Texas.... Is not included in the deal...

Sheeple - Who is getting sold down the river here?

You Are....

By the Billionaire Bu$h Family and their offshore 'close friends and
allies'....

"We've got to protect ourselves by doing smart things in America," Bush
said.

"Smart" for Who? I wonder what the kickback will be... For six GOP
'mushroom clouds'...