[Mb-civic] 9/11 Mysteries

Ian ialterman at nyc.rr.com
Thu Oct 27 10:20:05 PDT 2005

Mike:

Here, here!  The two most salient FACTS (not conjecture, for those who are
wondering...) re the WTC that come to mind for me are:

1.  If one had dropped a quarter from the 110th floor, it would have landed
in 8.6 (or so) seconds.  This is called "free fall speed."  When the towers
fell, they fell at just under 9 seconds - essentially "free fall speed."  In
order for this to occur, there would have had to be NOTHING in between the
floors of the building; i.e., all the structural supports, etc. would have
had to "disappear."  Thus, even if we allow the "pancake theory" - i.e.,
that the floors came down on top of one another "pancake" fashion - even
THAT would have been slowed down to a minimal degree by the time it took for
each successive floor to "break through" the support trusses.  Thus, the
"pancake theory" cannot explain the "free fall speed" of the collapses.  The
ONLY thing that would have allowed the towers to collapse at "free fall
speed" would have been if the internal support trusses and other
structures - to say nothing of the 47-column "center core" - had somehow
"disappeared" instantaneously.  And the only way THAT can happen is with
explosives.

2.  To further support one of your comments, if you watch the videotape of
the towers from the point at which the second plane hit, it took less than
15-20 minutes for the smoke to turn from grey/white to black.  As you note,
black smoke indicates a fuel-STARVED fire.  This means that the fire could
only have been truly "hot" for less than 20 minutes.  However, one must also
consider that the vast majority of the fuel in both crashes was consumed
within the first 30-60 seconds of the crashes - and, in the case of the
second plane, the majority of that fuel exploded OUTSIDE the building, NOT
inside.  As well, in many video shots taken less than 30 minutes after the
crashes, people can be seen standing - in virtually washer-clean clothing -
at the windows of floors directly above and below the impact zones.  If the
fires were so "hot" - enough to melt steel trusses - how come these people
were standing there, and their clothes were not even soiled?

And the, of course, there is the mystery of WTC 7.  It had NOT been hit by a
plane, or even debris from the crashes.  However, for reasons still
unexplained, there WERE two SMALL fires in the building - a
steel-and-concrete building of over 50 stories.  The "official" story offers
the lame conclusion that the two fires - which took up less than quarter
floor each - caused the building to collapse.  Yet we have Larry
Silverstein's own testimony that the building was "pulled" - i.e., that it
was destroyed by a controlled demolition.

Given that the building was admittedly on fire, it would have been
impossible for the charges to be set that day; no company would enter a
burning building to install explosive charges.  In addition, it usually
takes 5-10 days to properly install such charges to take down a building of
that size.  This means that - no matter HOW one looks at it - the charges
HAD to be set days, possible weeks, prior to 9/11.  This begs the question:
WHY?  Why were those charges placed in the building days, possible weeks,
prior to 9/11?  Did someone have advance notice of the attack?  Was there
something in the building that needed to be "covered up" so badly that the
demolition of the entire building was required?  Keep in mind that WTC 7
housed the IRS, the DOD, the CIA and, most suspiciously, both the FEMA
office and Giuliani's infamous "bunker."

This, of course, leads to the final question: if charges were set at WTC 7
days or weeks prior to 9/11, and the collapse of the twin towers was also
the result of a "controlled demolition," doesn't that mean that the charges
in the twin towers would ALSO have had to be set days or weeks prior to
9/11?  And, if so, what does that say about the "surprise" nature of the
attack - and maybe even who was behind it?

There may be no "smoking gun" yet, but eventually the evidence for
demolition vs. the government's "official" story - which is already
growing - will so far surpass the "official" evidence that it will only be
because people cannot wrap their minds around the idea that their government
could murder 3,000 of its own citizens that they will not wake up and smell
the coffee...

Peace.