[Mb-civic] Armageddon: The Great Lie Of Jesus Christ -- For All TheReally Stupid People In The Audience

Ian ialterman at nyc.rr.com
Mon May 16 21:02:26 PDT 2005

Chesseburger:

Actually...you fall into the same trap that so many others do in
interpreting this passage.  Yet it is really very simple.

The disciples ask "What will be the signs of your return?"  He then tells
them what the signs will be - but does not infer, in any way, that the
disciples themselves will see those signs.  Rather, he describes a future
time when he talks about the sun darkerning, etc.

After describing the signs which will precede His return in a future time,
he says "Truly, I say to you, this generation will not pass away before all
these things take place."

"This generation" does not imply the generation He was speaking to, but
rather the generation that will see the signs.

Peace.